FORUMS: list search recent posts

mTape LTO-6 with thunderbolt?

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Dierks
mTape LTO-6 with thunderbolt?
on Dec 4, 2013 at 4:38:06 pm

Im working on a new edit suite setup and came across what i understand is the only(without needing a bridge) thunderbolt LTO drive.

You can find it here:

http://www.mlogic.com/products/mtape

Does anyone have any info on this? There doesn't seem to be much out there. I could use all the help i could get on an LTO setup. This is the first one i have set up without other help.

To be clear the plan is to pair it with a new MarPro(when it comes out) and format via LTFS. It all seems really strait-forward. Am i missing anything?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: mTape LTO-6 with thunderbolt?
on Dec 5, 2013 at 12:24:57 am

and would it kill you to buy a Thunderbolt to miniSAS bridge ?
You can do it right now, today !

http://www.attotech.com/products/category.php?id=15&catid=16

plug and play - (but you have to load the ATTO driver on your Mac).

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Zach Dierks
on Dec 5, 2013 at 2:28:04 am

Is this what we've come to? Creative cow is just a place for lurking salesmen to pitch me their stuff.

I was asking a question. I know you exist. I want something easier than 2 boxes on my desk.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 5, 2013 at 7:31:01 pm

salesman ? I am not a salesman, and I do not sell anything !
Go to a discount mail order house, like B&H Photo. Order the ATTO SH 1068, which is basically an ATTO H680 card in a thunderbolt box. You can get the ATTO H680 in a Sonnet or Magma chassis if you prefer, but I am trying to show you how to save money.

Plug in your HP Ultrium LTO drive. Download a demo copy of Tolis BRU. Or use the free HP StorOpen software. Or download a free trial copy of Imagine Products PreRoll Post. Now you have a simple working system, with your existing hardware.

So how exactly am I trying to "scam you", or sell you something. I just showed you in detail exactly how you can do this by yourself, for a very tiny amount of money, without having to wait for a new product to come out. You can do this all by yourself. Of course, I can pay you to allow me to help you set this up, if you like.

Yes - free help, and free support, with the least amount of equipment, and expense. I guess this is what we've come down to.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Dec 8, 2013 at 6:51:59 pm

As a recent LTO purchaser, I can recommend BRU. Easy to use - yet powerful cataloging features.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Ben Pohl
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:15:31 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks to your information on this posting I've successfully installed my first LTO setup with your recommendations here. Mac Mini to the Thunderlink to the Ultrium drive, it works like a dream. Thanks so much!

-Ben
bad-pixel.com

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Dec 5, 2013 at 10:54:34 pm

[Zach Dierks] "I was asking a question. I know you exist. I want something easier than 2 boxes on my desk."

The mBox does exactly that - one box vs. two. Should be functionally equivalent to what Bob suggests.

Return to posts index

Alexander alias C.G. Fell
on Apr 2, 2014 at 2:14:11 pm

That is so beautiful: being sold on the apple scam, accusing a smart commentator of sneaky sales tactics ;)

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:00:33 pm

For Mac users (and there are a substantial number of us in the video industry) - a solution with LTO and BRU PE works like a charm...

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]