FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts on a collaborative editing storage solution

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Urtz
Thoughts on a collaborative editing storage solution
on Dec 1, 2013 at 9:41:38 pm

Hey everyone,

I just finished filming a featuring length film/web series shot on a 5D. Together, myself and the director have something like 2.5 terabytes of footage (he filled up his 2TB external, the rest is on my RAID).

We both have day jobs and lots of footage to go through, so working together on editing would save some time. My thought is to use a Dropbox business account to sync all of the files to each of our own external storage devices. This way we could both work on editing in our spare time without having to pick up and drop off hard drives.

Would this work? Would it make more sense to get some new drives and mirror them, then just use dropbox for the project files?

What are some of the issues I need to be mindful of that I may not have considered?

Thanks for any tips you throw my way,

Erik

Return to posts index

Johnny Wu
Re: Thoughts on a collaborative editing storage solution
on Dec 2, 2013 at 1:49:58 pm

That's not a bad idea. Depending on your internet speed, the syncing may take forever. I have done so for small projects and psd files.

Return to posts index

alex gardiner
on Dec 4, 2013 at 11:57:35 pm

What NLE are you using?

--
+447961751453
indiestor.com
github.com/indiestor

Return to posts index

Erik Urtz
on Dec 5, 2013 at 12:01:46 am

We plan on using PP in CS6 but we are not married to that idea. The director is a fan of Final Cut, though I haven't used it since v6 or 7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]