FORUMS: list search recent posts

Backup and Archive Workflow

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Richie
Backup and Archive Workflow
on Aug 24, 2017 at 3:46:51 pm

Hi all,
Our company has expanded by a few editors (from 4 to 7), and our system for backing up and archiving files seems inconvenient at best and irresponsible at worst. So I wanted to see if I could get some input.
We currently have 32TB of storage on our server, with a mirror running to a GTECH raid. We keep about 25+TB of files on our server consistently. I want to ensure we
1) immediately backup footage when it's ingested
2) weekly backup our server to take offsite
3) Quickly and easily archive projects when they're ready to take off the server

Here's my plan:
1) Ingest unprocessed footage to a hard drive at the same time we ingest it to the server, and just swap out the hard drives as they fill up so that we know we have a copy of footage that isn't connected to our server at any step in the process.
2) Use Delta Walker to mirror the entire server to a 32TB Raid 0 array that will live offsite and be brought in one day each week for the backup. (I only use Raid 0 because we already have it raided on the server and on the Gtech mirror of the server)
3) Whenever we finish a project, copy it off to two separate hard drives, one for on-site and one for off-site.

I know this is all very generic language, but if you understand what I'm communicating and have any thoughts or concerns I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Backup and Archive Workflow
on Aug 24, 2017 at 11:47:17 pm

1) what server are you using

2) what editing software are you using ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]