FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pegasus 3 R6 24TB - Be Aware of Backplane Temperature Warnings

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Sherman
Pegasus 3 R6 24TB - Be Aware of Backplane Temperature Warnings
on Jul 8, 2017 at 12:26:27 pm

Do you have the new Pegasus 3 R6 24TB Symply edition? Are you having the following problem as well?
I sent back two of these over the past couple weeks. Both had Backplane Temperature warnings after 15 minutes with the cooling fan ramping up to 2200 rpm. Spent several hours with Support along with computer access to my fully loaded 2016 15" MacBook Pro with each one. In addition, a test was done "in house" on one of their Pegasus 3 R6 24TB on hand which Promise tech's duplicated the same warning. Promise stated last week that a new Utility update is needed and that the problem is only cosmetic. Cosmetic?? How can this be with the fan running way above normal within 15 minutes. When will we see an update?? Couldn't get an answer. They did offer me a Beta Utility update version but, wanted be to sign a disclaimer that would free them of any damages that may occur. Of course, I didn't do so for obvious reasons. I sent back both units and may purchase another if/once Promise gets this issue fixed........ In all likelihood, it is a software issue but, I'm not going to test it out at my expense. With this being the 3'rd generation of the Pegasus, I don't understand why this issue should even exist. If anyone has this problem, I'm sure your cooling fan has been running high. If so, please report it.

Check your Promise Utility for these Backplane warnings.

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
Re: Pegasus 3 R6 24TB - Be Aware of Backplane Temperature Warnings
on Jul 10, 2017 at 7:34:15 pm

Below you will find the answer I received today from Promise Technology;
Ray,
I’ve forwarded your comments to the engineering team and asked when this will be available. Unfortunately, the release date won’t be until later this year from our corporate office in Taiwan. We are trying to push the date up but there is no specific date being given. I apologize for the delay and the frustration it is causing.
Regards,
John Holland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]