FORUMS: list search recent posts

.mov files changing resolution when transferring from external hd to mac book

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wood
.mov files changing resolution when transferring from external hd to mac book
on May 4, 2017 at 2:49:02 am

I'm trying to transfer .mov files that will be used on an LED wall for a concert tour and the files from an external hard drive to a mac book where they will be sent to the LED wall. The files are being rendered at 1920x1080 . They show up on the computer being used to create them at 1920x1080 and the same on the external hard drive but when put onto the mac book they switch to 1280x768 and have a lower frame rate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: .mov files changing resolution when transferring from external hd to mac book
on May 4, 2017 at 4:32:07 am

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure that this is the best forum for this question. Can you tell me more about the software you're using to create the files? Are you using some kind of playback or presentation software on the outbound side?

Maybe somebody here will indeed be able to help, but my first reaction is that I'd like to know more information first!

Best,

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

James Vorley
Re: .mov files changing resolution when transferring from external hd to mac book
on May 9, 2017 at 10:20:06 am

What are you using to do the copy? I can't see any conceivable way this would happen with a straight Finder copy.

Any chance you are using the Photos app to do this? If so you would need to go to File > Export > Export Unmodified Original For 1 Video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]