FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVS Centaurus PCI-X HD-SDI Capture Card IRIS 1.1 Used in Smoke Flame etc FX systems

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Steinman
DVS Centaurus PCI-X HD-SDI Capture Card IRIS 1.1 Used in Smoke Flame etc FX systems
on Mar 21, 2016 at 11:46:44 pm

A friend gave me this knowing that once upon a time I did HD video production. We both know nothing about this card. It came out of a computer that was recycled. This was what he saved for me. It looks to be in perfect physical condition with no damage to it of any sort.

From what I can google it's a nice HDSDI card made by DVS that was then sold to other companies to be used in various products they resold.

I can find it mentioned for use in Smoke and Flame FX systems as well as all sorts of surveillance products. The card says DVS IRIS 1.4-02 on it and well as DVS IRIS 1.1 which is more easily found on google. It seems to be called an IRIS card in most surveillance applications and a DVS Centarus or DVS Centarus II in video production stuff. I may be wrong on some of this so take it with a grain of salt. It's the best I could come up with.

It's PCI-X like newer Intel MacPro's had. I Don't have a system to test this in. It's not for standard PCI or PCI-E slots. I comes with a breakout card labeled DVS RIB4.0. There are no other cables or items with it.

All yours for $25 shipped in the US. You get to pay shipping elsewhere.

This is a new account but, I was a long time Creative Cow user under a different email address I no longer have access to. The mods don't seem to answer messages to reclaim my old account so this will have to do. I have sold several way more expensive things on CC back in the day and you will get this if you buy it. I am happy to provide my old account email to anyone curious to look up my post history from long long ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]