FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D800 body (near MINT) w/ long extended warranty, bonuses

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Kolitz
Nikon D800 body (near MINT) w/ long extended warranty, bonuses
on Nov 6, 2013 at 7:36:28 pm

I'm selling my Nikon D800 (and many lenses, either separately or with the body) only because I'm downsizing my gear, as I just don't have enough time to use it properly. The camera, as I'm sure you know, is incredible (and is great for video, having pioneered the "clean-HDMI out" feature).

Some key points:

I bought it new, and I'm the only one to have ever shot with the camera; I'm an enthusiast, not a pro, so it's lived in the air-conditioned, nonsmoking indoors for most of its life, and it's been babied (no drops, bangs, or even the lightest of rain exposure).

It's in immaculate condition -- all buttons, dials, ports, doors, gaskets, etc. look and operate like brand-new, and there is no button label paint rub-off of any kind); both the rear and top LCDs were immediately protected by GGS protectors, which have remained on the camera its entire life; lenses were changed infrequently and quickly, always indoors with the body facing down -- I've never needed to clean the sensor; the only slight cosmetic issue is that the rubber grip recently loosened ever so slightly (by which I mean you can see it has slightly popped out on the bottom edge, near the battery compartment, but you would never know it if you just grabbed the camera and shot all day -- it's not at all slipping or about to fall off).

The camera has 21,916 clicks on the shutter.

It's protected by an extended, 5-year Mack Warranty, which covers the camera until July 10, 2017; the warranty is fully transferable, and I'll pay the $20 transfer fee.

I sent the camera to Nikon in Melville, NY at the end of April 2013 for the famous "left AF" recalibration (and general cleaning, not that it needed it); it came back with vastly improved autofocus and so appeared to be a complete success -- I purposely waited until the recablibration procedure seemed to be in full swing at Nikon).

Comes with the original box and all included bits, including a never-used Nikon strap.
I'm including 3 extra EN-EL15 batteries, for a total of 4 batteries, all of which are reported as being in "new" condition by the camera.

I'm also including the Nikon DK-17M magnifying eyepiece, as well as an extra GGS screen protector set (stick on type) and 2 extra GGS snap-on type protectors (don't ask me why I went overboard and bought all those).

Price: $2300.00 (I'll include insured, UPS/FedEx ground shipping within the continental US)

I'm more than happy to answer questions, discuss, or send pictures of the camera on request.

I also have available for sale (separately or together with the D800): my AF-S Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 G ED lens; my AF-S VR Micro Nikkor 105 f/2.8 IF-ED lens; my AF-S Nikkor 18-35 f/3.5-4.5 G ED lens, and finally my Nikon SB-910 AF Speedlight (all items in similarly minty condition, including all original boxes and accessories). You can find those in a separate post here.

Thanks!

Brent

Return to posts index

Joe Quirino
Re: Nikon D800 body (near MINT) w/ long extended warranty, bonuses
on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:42:00 pm

Hi, Can you email me at lakefx@earthlink.net.

I have a couple questions. thanks

Return to posts index

Brent Kolitz
Re: Nikon D800 body (near MINT) w/ long extended warranty, bonuses
on Nov 9, 2013 at 2:32:00 pm

The D800 has been sold, but the 3 lenses I mentioned are still available, posted separately here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/38/871756

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]