FORUMS: list search recent posts

CalDigit HDPro 16TB Raid - 2 Units for Sale

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Andrews
CalDigit HDPro 16TB Raid - 2 Units for Sale
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:55:19 am

Hi All,

I have two (2) CalDigit HDPro 16TB Raid Towers I'd like to sell. I upgraded the drives myself (they were originally smaller raids) - but they work perfectly. I used brand new Western Digital RE4 Enterprise 2TB HDDs (SATA II 3GBPS) for the replacement. Each tower has 8, so a total of 16TB (Well 15ish in reality). These are the v1 units. But are upgradeable to v2 buy upgrading the tower controller.

They are currently raided as RAID 6 - which gives you a final space of about 11.5 (15.2TB - 2X2TB Drives), but they could be raided however you need.

Speedwise I get about 500MB/s write and 600MB/s read in Raid 6.

The units come with the CalDigit single lane PCI-X Card, cable, and tower/power cable.

The latest software is available for free download from CalDigit (newest drivers/versions of Raid Sheild).

The units are compatible with both PC and MAC.

Lastly, from what I understand, you can upgrade these units to the CalDigit HDPro2 version by simply replacing the tower controller card (easy swap - just buy the card from CalDigit). This expands the speed/capability of the drive. However, please do check the CalDigit website for more details.

All sales are final, unless DOA/not working, in which case you may return.

Please just make an offer, for one or both - I honestly don't know what I would get for them as we did the upgrades ourselves.

Operationally perfect. Cosmetically, a few minor scratches on the side of the case, but overall they look great - no major blemishes.

I will pack them up very carefully and ship with insurance.

Thanks!

Martin Andrews

Martin Andrews
Blue Sky Media

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: CalDigit HDPro 16TB Raid - 2 Units for Sale
on Oct 26, 2013 at 4:09:18 pm

Are the cards PCI-X or PCIe? PCIe being whats in an Intel MacPro, PCI-X being the slots in most older G5 models.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]