FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony HDR-AX2000 video camera very light use $2,800+shipping

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Alvarez
Sony HDR-AX2000 video camera very light use $2,800+shipping
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:50:03 pm

This is a Sony HDR-AX2000 video camera, with the original box and bundled accessories, plus an NP-F970, which is the battery that holds the longest charge for this camera. It has very light use, probably less than 100 hours.

This camera has a dual card compartment, so with two 32 GB cards it can record about six hours of continuous shooting. When it fills up one card, it switches to the other one automatically. It accepts two types of cards, SDHC (I don't know for sure if it accepts SDXC because I haven't tried them) and Memory Stick PRO Duo.

This camera has a large lens, and it does great in low light, much better than most cameras for around the same price. While this model is sold by Sony as a "prosumer" camera, it's virtually the same camera as the Sony HXR-NX5U, which is a professional camera. It only has a few differences, such as SDI output and GPS on the NX5, but the AX2000 has most of the same features and the same exact quality.

The camera is in great shape and lightly used, but like many Sony cameras, the jog wheel on the side is flimsy and using it to select menus doesn't work very well. It wasn't a problem for me because I always preferred to use the four cursor buttons and the OK button on the top, but I want to disclose this to make an honest sale. Doing some research online I found out that this seems to be a problem with many Sony cameras, in fact I have another Sony camera much older that had the same problem.

This camera sells on reputable retailers like B&H and Adorama for $3,498 and the NP-F970 battery for $105.12, a total of $3,602.12. Originally I intended to sell it for $3,100, but because of the wheel problem I'm selling it for $2,800+shipping (which you won't have to pay if you are within 20 miles of the Raleigh, NC area)

Because of the high price of this camera, I can only take money orders from either USPS or Western Union and ship the camera after the order has been cashed. The maximum for a USPS money order is $1,000, so you would have to purchase three of them at $1.60 each. There are many scams going on these days, so I chose to do it this way because cash and checks can be fake, and Paypal is safe but I would have to pay a huge fee close to $100, which per their rules I'm not allowed to pass on to the buyer. I will ship the camera as soon as I'm able to cash the money order from either USPS or Western Union.

Note: one common scam going on these days is for the buyer to send an amount in excess of the arranged price and then to request sending the difference back. If I receive a money order for an amount over the accorded price, that will void the sale.

Shipping is only within the US. This item is sold as-is, no warranty. If the buyer lives within 20 miles of the Raleigh, NC area, I offer meeting personally and testing the camera in full for 30 to 60 minutes to make sure everything works as described.

Pictures:

Sebastian R. Alvarez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]