FORUMS: list search recent posts

WTB- Nikon CoolScan or similar film scanner

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Matthies
WTB- Nikon CoolScan or similar film scanner
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:40:41 pm

I'm looking for a used film scanner for slides. This will be used for scanning a lot of old family slides to make copies for the rest of the family to enjoy. It doesn't need to be the latest or greatest scanner, just one that works well. Firewire, USB or SCSI are fine. I have an older G5 available with SCSI and Firewire cards sitting around that can be used just for this project. Otherwise, I can also use my current MacPro as well. It all depends on the age of the software drivers for the scanner. Got an older scanner sitting around and collecting dust? I could use it!
Thanks, Tom

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: WTB- Nikon CoolScan or similar film scanner
on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:11:18 pm

Tom-
There are a few on eBay at the moment. I think the biggest issue you'll face is finding one that comes with useable software and then installing some seriously old OS software to run it. It's been a very fast moving decade in the world of software.

(BTW- I'd like one also for the same reason, but I'd seriously consider an older drum scanner because they're going for pennies on the dollar and can scan stuff much bigger than just 35mm. Of course the same software problems mentioned above will exist. SCSI level I anyone? Not sure if I even have a working Mac that could accept it.)

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: WTB- Nikon CoolScan or similar film scanner
on Jan 4, 2013 at 11:39:11 pm

I have a Nikon LS-1000 packed in the box and ready to move. $75 + shipping. It is SCSI and works with Vuescan and other 3rd party softwares.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]