FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scammer ALERT on CREATIVECOW.NET

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Hughes
Scammer ALERT on CREATIVECOW.NET
on Oct 2, 2012 at 6:20:55 pm

Although my primary use of this website is to sell gear, and utilize it for it's well written and informative forums, I have a different purpose for posting today.

A gentleman called me the other day informing me of a transaction he had with someone that he had contacted from the Creativecow.net forums.

Oleh Ryznik, or Oleg Riznik, or whatever variation of this name he chooses to use, has taken money from a trusting buyer after they contacted him from here. He was to provide them with equipment, and so far has failed to complete the transaction.

I do not believe this to be the first time he has scammed someone utilizing a forum or posting method relating directly to sites catering to video/audio products.

At one time or another he has posted here on The Cow. Of course I thought, an Alexa for $50K???? Not possible.

Others though, may have not seen our previous interaction, and in turn may have fallen victim to this swindler.

IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THIS THIEF, KINDLY REPORT IT TO CREATIVECOW AND YOUR LOCAL POLICE AGENCY, BANK, AND ANY OTHER AUTHORITIES, INCLUDING INTERPOL.

People like this must absolutely be stopped.

Since the beginning of my involvement in broadcast television/film/audio I have found that nearly all persons from new clients to old clients, and even those I just have the privilege of meeting....these are good people. These are honest, hard-working, innovative, creative, and driven people.

If we work together and keep each other informed, these kind of shady and heartless people will not have as much opportunity to take advantage of us, and our colleagues. We must look out for each other.

In short; if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Don't be afraid to ask around. Check other forums to see if what you are interested in purchasing may be listed elsewhere. Always ask for pictures, serial number, usage, and purchase date.

ALSO avoid this person on eBay
http://myworld.ebay.com/tk7770/

He told me I could get a Sony PDW-700 body from him brand new in box at an absolutely TO DIE FOR price. Said it was coming from a dealer in the US. I told him I want pictures of the box with Serial Number. He didn't have any. He then goes on to tell me he does not at all have possession of any PDW-700 body new in box, that it would be ordered from Japan and shipped to me. LIAR, SCAM, THIEF.

Thank you for your time.

-Brian

Brian Hughes
Broadcast Pros
brian@broadcastpros.com
Mobile 818 461 4121
Office 212 564 4749

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]