FORUMS: list search recent posts

The best pro tripod and 3-way head for still photos; 2 camera-mounting plates (NYC area)

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marshall Ewig
The best pro tripod and 3-way head for still photos; 2 camera-mounting plates (NYC area)
on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:11:11 pm

Your DSLR has served you well, capturing great footage. But what if you need to take high-quality still photos with the camera, shots that must be rock steady? Can you use a video tripod and fluid head? Of course, but a video head limits your creativity. What you really need is a tripod head designed for still photography. Consider the stix and head combo we're offering here.

Using the Bogen label, Manfrotto introduced this heavy-duty model in the early 1990s, mating the legendary 3047 3-way pan-and-tilt head with the 3036 tripod (the forerunner to Manfrotto's current 475B), and labeling the combined gear as model 3035.

You can read full details and specs in the slideshow linked below, but here are a few facts about the 3035: The length and angle of the tripod legs and spreaders adjust independently. There's a geared center-column extension, providing a full height of six feet, 10 inches. The 3047 3-way head is perfect for still photography and can support over 16.5 lbs, which would include all large DSLRs and even some 4x5 cameras. There's a bubble level on the top of the stix and two more on the head; three levels mean much easier architectural and panoramic shots

I've got eleven more large, close-up (and unretouched) images, along with details and specs in a Flickr slideshow: more photos and info for the 3035 tripod/head.

Take a few moments to check out the photos, and make sure to read all the captions! Then get back to me if you're interested. This tripod was lightly used. It was stored carefully, and is in excellent working condition. It has a few minor scuff marks.

We're now including an extra camera-mounting plate, (photo below) which gives you a spare, and is very handy to have if you're shooting with two bodies and need to switch them on the tripod quickly and frequently.

Our asking price for the tripod/head, and the extra mounting place, is $265.

I could ship this (for extra charges with a PayPal pre-payment), but consider the weight; cash-and-carry pickup preferred. My location is easy to get to from anywhere in the NYC area (a few blocks from 96th/B'way in Manhattan). You can bring your camera over, and fully try out the tripod and head.

marshall@mjeassoc.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]