FORUMS: list search recent posts

Like new, pro-quality Sennheiser lavs -- now with sample audio

COW Forums : Classifieds, Personal

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marshall Ewig
Like new, pro-quality Sennheiser lavs -- now with sample audio
on Jun 3, 2011 at 9:43:21 pm

This is a set of two Sennheiser lavaliere mics: one ME 102, and one ME 104, along with three cables, two windscreens, three mounting clips, and a headset boom.

Please note that this set is NOT a complete wireless system. This set includes only the mic capsules, cables, and accessories.

These mic capsules, however, are very high-quality (MSRP of $425 each!), much better than those usually included with wireless packages. These mics can be used with almost any wireless bodypack transmitter you may already have (or are planning to acquire) but understand that you might also have to change the bodypack cable connectors to work with the transmitter. The mics can also be used wired (direct to many cameras, or to all mixers/preamps).

Please read this post carefully; it has a lot of information. And if you want to listen to audio samples from the actual mics, just e-mail me.

Here is a list of exactly what is included in this kit:The set includes:

• One (1) ME 102 omni-directional mic capsule — you would use this in most shooting situations.

• One (1) ME 104 cardioid mic capsule — this directional capsule is great for noisy environments, such as as computer room or busy office, a bustling retail location or outdoors surrounded by traffic.

The mic capsules have a scratch-resistant, anthracite matte finish, and are very small; approximately 6 x 12mm, and weigh about 1 gram. More details and specs can be found on these pages at Sennheiser's website:

Product page for ME 102

Product page for ME 104

The set also includes three (3) cables:

• One 5-foot copper bodypack cable (with a right-angle capsule socket). The copper cables are flexible and feature immunity to handling noise.

• One 5-foot steel bodypack cable (straight socket). This cable is stiffer, and very resistant to breakage.

• Both these bodypack cables are terminated with 5-pin mini (Lemo) connectors (on the right, in the pic above) that fit most Lectrosonics bodypack transmitters. If you don't use Lectro wireless, Sennheiser sells cables with connectors to fit many other wireless bodypacks on the market. Alternatively, you can change the plugs yourself if you are good with soldering small connections.

• One 8-foot copper cable (with a right-angle socket) terminated with a K6 cap connector (left in the pic above) for wired use.

• This cap screws onto Sennheiser's K6 power modules. One version of the power module works with either an 1.5-volt AA cell, or 48-volt phantom power (though the XLR connector). The other version is 48-volt only. You can not connect these mics directly to 48 volts. A K6 power module is NOT included in this set; you will need one to use the mics wired.

Also included in the package are:
  • Two different windscreens for the mic capsules (in the pic below).

• One right-angle clip, with strain-relief (A in pic below).

• One straight-angle “vampire” clip (B, below).

• One tie clip (not shown).

• A useful manual (in several languages).

I'm also including one Sennheiser NB-2 adjustable headset boom. While not as elegant as some of the newer, almost-invisible head booms, this is nonetheless handy to have on hand if your shoot requires it.

All the above (except the head boom) is fitted into a compact plastic case. I'm also including a padded nylon case which will hold the plastic case and the boom.

These mics and accessories were purchased a while back, as part of a larger assortment of Sennheiser mics. I don't need everything now. They were lightly used, and have been stored with gentle care. Everything is in excellent, like-new, condition

All of the above would cost over $850 if bought at New York City's well-known discount video supply house (and some of the items are available on special order only). I'm asking $520 for the entire package. Please don't ask me to break up the package.

Serious buyers only please. These lavs are intended for professional shooters and audio crews. They're a great choice if you want to upgrade the quality of the lavs you now use. The ability to use them wired is a major advantage when your location is plagued by wireless interference, dropouts and other problems.

With extra charges, and an advance PayPal payment, I can carefully pack and ship this kit. If you're in or near NYC, you can inspect, and take the mic kit, cash and carry, from my UWS location (a few blocks from 96th/B'way). Depending on your location in the city, I may be able to bring the kit to you.

If you want to hear these mics live, please have some gear to plug them into (bodypack/receiver, or a K6 module and preamp/mixer). You can also download an uncompressed, unprocessed (raw) WAV file of audio which I just recorded with these very mics I'm selling. Contact me for the link.

In some cases, I will allow a prospective buyer to try out the mics for a 5-day demo period. Please email me for details.

Reach me at marshall@mjeassoc.com Thanks...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]