FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Wonder How Things Are in CC Paradise?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
I Wonder How Things Are in CC Paradise?
on Dec 4, 2014 at 3:08:29 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 4, 2014 at 3:19:44 pm

This morning I checked on Adobe's After Effects forum. Normally it's full of posts with titles like, "How do I make this effect?" or "How can I make shapes from Illustrator paths?"

Not this morning! Check out these titles, all posted in the first 9 hours of Thursday, December 4:

• purchased creative cloud membership but still asking serial
  • cannot update photoshop or illustrator on PC through cloud
  • AdobeID verification email not getting to gmail email account
  • balance was deducted from visa account and i didn't get any thing !!
  • How do I downgrade my membership from Full Creative Cloud to just one app?
  • Adobe CC one year prepaid account, but keeping getting message this is a trial version
  • credit card payment problems
  • I would like to cancel my subscription. How can I contact customer support? (I have already read the policy and tried to use all related links but it seems I can't do anything since it was automatically renewed)
  • Change subscription from monthly to yearly
  • Updated card details 2 times and still not been able to take payment
  • Horrible Creative Cloud Billing Practices
  • Non-renewal of the payment of November 2014
  • Renew subscription error
  • Cancel Creative Cloud membership
  • Paid for InDesign but can't use it.
  • Since update to "one-year" plan - "trouble verifying you membership"

I'm sure many of them arise from simple operator errors... probably most. But c'mon, this is just nine hours of one day, folks!

These posts bring to mind a few observations:
Idiots seem to be signing up for CC in droves.
There are a fair amount of people who have concluded that CC isn't all that the Adobe Marketing Weasels made it seem like at first blush.
Unless you're signing up for CC forever, Adobe makes it extremely non-intuitive and laborious to alter anything after you've signed up.

I wonder if these are just protracted growing pains from a plan what wasn't properly thought-out, or the way things are going to be.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
Re: I Wonder How Things Are in CC Paradise?
on Dec 4, 2014 at 3:48:45 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Idiots seem to be signing up for CC in droves"

Don´t think so.
Adobe lowered the price two times last weeks here in Germany, because there is hard resistance.
("only for a short time" as ever, what means: "We will throw it away cheeper, if you will wait")
I know a lot, who are on alternatives or still using CS as long as possible.
The image of Adobe has changed dramatically.
AVID stock raises high above rainy "clouds" whereas CC plug-in producer (like foundry) are deep below (and wet).
Avid vs Cloud-Vendor vs SOFO
Only round about 60% of the "Cloud" users Adobe references are Full-Product users.
(Remember there where about 12 Mil. Adobe users before this desaster - nearby 10times more than "Cloud" Full product users)
Net income is horrible down. On 2009 Level or bellow.
And if their Marketing "Cloud" Solutions wouldn´t sell as good, I think, Adobe would be in big trouble.
But let´s wait and see, how Adobe will paint all this pink on next business conference at Dec. 11th.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 4, 2014 at 4:59:28 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 4, 2014 at 5:02:30 pm

Well, silly me.

The browser link I've been using for a year and a half took me to the Adobe CC forum rather than the regular AE forum. Apparently the former is the forum where people crab about AE CC problems. It seems they crab a lot.

It must have been a temporary whoopsie on the Adobe web site. The link in question works just fine again: lots of technique queries.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:53:34 pm

i suggest to adobe to take the video portion of the cloud and make a limited version, like so many layers and limited codecs and sell this product like before and keep the higher end stuff in cc.

ricardo marty

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:50:35 pm

Hi Dave,

[Dave LaRonde] "Well, silly me. "

I was going to say, "now where are all these posts?" Glad you got your browser SNAFU figured out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Dec 5, 2014 at 3:51:50 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "The link in question works just fine again: lots of technique queries."

And I'm sure you died a little inside.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2014 at 11:57:01 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 6, 2014 at 12:16:36 am

Nah, not even close.

But I DID wonder what the heck was going on with all the CC complaints all of a sudden. It was just weird.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Dec 11, 2014 at 10:36:44 am

I am quite active on Adobe forums - I have seen an obvious increase in those type of questions in most application specific threads as well. Just two years ago most questions were of the "how do I..." kind. Nowadays it seems a large chunk of the questions are related to Adobe's failing customer support and CC installation issues.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]