FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prices dependent on web browser/computer used

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Prices dependent on web browser/computer used
on Oct 24, 2014 at 4:10:09 pm

Apparently, Adobe CC is more expensive if you use the Chrome web browser, can if you use Safari or Firefox. Yet is the proper price if you use Chrome on a Chromebook.

http://www.creativebloq.com/adobe/adobe-charges-100-extra-using-wrong-brows...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andy Field
Re: Prices dependent on web browser/computer used
on Oct 24, 2014 at 6:06:13 pm

maybe that's happening overseas..but not on my browser here in the USA..same prices no matter what browser you choose here

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 24, 2014 at 6:12:46 pm

Yes...looks like a EURO pricing thing. Hey...people outside the US are people too...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 24, 2014 at 6:32:55 pm

I suspect this is another reflection of the switch to "commerce via algorithm" which is were we're all going to live (regardless of whether or not we like it) for the rest of our lives.

The iTunes store "code for sale" model - and it's subsequent rapid and massive success changed everything. Now we shop in an on-line space where product access lives in a weird intersection of IT, Sales, HTML, Server updates, Search and who knows what else.

Two prices accessed via two separate web approaches will likely become the rule, not the exception, since different web access systems update or refresh differently.

Add to that the complexity of global currency exchange issues and economic differences between countries in this global economy, and the whole thing becomes a rats nest.

I can easily seeimaginewhere a product vendor might be able to hugely increase incremental sales out of a smaller peripheral market by offering the product at a lower price - but then has to consider that with the internet, to allow that can now be "seen" by players in larger markets that don't need the discount in order to drive sales numbers will result in a lot of anger. "Why can editors buy this program significantly cheaper in Ecuador than we can here in England???" may be discussions we see in the future where the price of an item can be changed for a region, a buyer class, or for an hour, then returned just by adjusting the servers.

The whole concept of "retail" is changing.

It's always been an abstract and pretty arbitrary construct.

Now is arbitrary AND virtual and as ephemeral as a cloud..

Good luck in the new system.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 24, 2014 at 6:53:49 pm

[Bill Davis] "It's always been an abstract and pretty arbitrary construct.

Now is arbitrary AND virtual and as ephemeral as a cloud..

Good luck in the new system."

I say we go back to the barter system!

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:07:47 pm

[Steve Connor] "
I say we go back to the barter system!"

I will take a gallon of milk for two loafs of bread, please. Will throw in a pack of sugar for good measure. :-)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:30:41 pm

I'm already there. We trade jam for eggs that another editor has an abundance of...because they have chickens.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]