FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe tests different cheaper prices for CC in germany

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florian Sepp
adobe tests different cheaper prices for CC in germany
on Oct 22, 2014 at 3:57:18 pm

Hi There,

I just saw that adobe is testing different prices for cc in germany (maybe also somwere else) acording to this artikle (german) they want to test response of the userbase for cheaper prices.

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Preistest-fuer-Adobes-Creative-Cloud...

I dont think they lower the prices because they get to many subscriptions.

best regards
Jops

Florian Sepp visual arts
http://www.floriansepp.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: adobe tests different cheaper prices for CC in germany
on Oct 22, 2014 at 10:41:29 pm
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Oct 22, 2014 at 10:42:49 pm

yes, it looks like cc is in trouble.

ricardo marty

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 23, 2014 at 8:44:02 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Oct 23, 2014 at 8:47:22 am

Don't know if it's fair to read all that much into this. Adobe is being VERY aggressive with sales now, but they have been since the beginning. The CC change was huge, and it just makes sense that they want to build the largest possible customer base. I will note that this week I've had multiple emails from them that can be best described as "customer retention" pitches - offering to extend favorable expiring software terms. It's amusing because nothing is expiring. Their system somehow "thinks" I've dumped a subscription, because of my canceling that double billing thing I wrote about below. So the email bots are working overtime trying to recover a photo deal subscriber who actually never left. I wonder how long that's going to last?
Modern algorythm based business is just so weird.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 23, 2014 at 4:33:55 pm

[Bill Davis] "It's amusing because nothing is expiring. Their system somehow "thinks" I've dumped a subscription, because of my canceling that double billing thing I wrote about below. So the email bots are working overtime trying to recover a photo deal subscriber who actually never left."

Technology is so like totally wonderful when it works.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 25, 2014 at 7:18:41 pm

[David Mathis] "So the email bots are working overtime trying to recover a photo deal subscriber who actually never left."

Technology is so like totally wonderful when it works."

Yep.

The whole thing about email contact having virtually no incremental costs is such an odd thing in the history of human communications.

It's the warm, moist environment that grows spam, as we've all seen. It is a HUGE and wonderful enabler of basic person to person contact. And in the middle, you have the grey zone of commercial use. When the marginal cost nears zero, any commercial enterprise will be encouraged to not just try to reach out, but if there's an important revenue metric attached, reach out over and over again to recover or upsell their customers.

They all do it. I certainly get an iTunes an Apple "ad" once a month as a customer. And I get the same about my CC photo subscription. And a variety of other similar stuff. But I've also seen less sophisticated concerns set up auto rules so that I get mini-floods of reminders and "don't lose out" notices about any commerce system I allow to hook up to my email addresses.

It's just the new world order (commerce version) without quite so much paranoia. At least at this point.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]