FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Subscription increase

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Boghosian
CC Subscription increase
on Oct 21, 2014 at 4:58:21 pm
Last Edited By Richard Boghosian on Oct 21, 2014 at 4:58:48 pm

Just got an email from Adobe stating that at my renewal, the monthly cost for CC will jump from my current price of $29.99 to $49.99. Is this the new pricing for a single seat of CC?

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions

AVID 7.03 MacPro late 2013 D-700 OS 10.9.2 32Gb ram BMD Ultra 4K BM Desktop 9.3.3

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: CC Subscription increase
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:02:03 pm

[Richard Boghosian] "Just got an email from Adobe stating that at my renewal, the monthly cost for CC will jump from my current price of $29.99 to $49.99. Is this the new pricing for a single seat of CC?"

$49.99 is the normal price. $29.99 was a first year, introductory discount if you were already an existing Adobe user.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:38:32 pm

I guess the phrase to use here is "caveat emptor"... or "caveat renter" in your case.

The rent just went up. You can move elsewhere or you can pay it.

Nice how Adobe made that perfectly clear about the introductory offer, isn't it?

Not that Adobe is any different from any other business making introductory offers....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:53:11 pm

They actually do make it clear about introductory first year offer....it's not a surprise

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Oct 21, 2014 at 7:00:41 pm

[Andy Field] "They actually do make it clear about introductory first year offer....it's not a surprise"

Yeah, on the CC plans page it's the one that says "special for CS customers", "special offer" and "save up to 40% on your first year"

https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Oct 21, 2014 at 7:07:58 pm

and the cost (if you upgrade every year) is virtually the same as upgrading every year..on a monthly basis....this is a tool we use every day (like our phone carrier plan...or internet provider...they don't sell to us to own the plan or the equipment) With all the upgrades and support, we are very happy with this....it takes us less than an hour of client work to pay the monthly fee....a bargain

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 22, 2014 at 1:19:18 am

[Andy Field] "and the cost (if you upgrade every year) is virtually the same as upgrading every year..on a monthly basis....this is a tool we use every day (like our phone carrier plan...or internet provider...they don't sell to us to own the plan or the equipment) With all the upgrades and support, we are very happy with this....it takes us less than an hour of client work to pay the monthly fee....a bargain"

Glad it works for you, but the big problem many of us have with CC is still not about money.

publicmattersgroup.com
http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 22, 2014 at 4:25:27 am

[David Lawrence] "Glad it works for you, but the big problem many of us have with CC is still not about money."

I like to have choice and control. I would not mind subscribing if there was some buyout option. I am glad to see Adobe making significant and meaningful improvements with each update, just the current state of their business model that I must respectfully disagree with.

For me, FCP X gets the job done and without having to have applications I do not need. My two cents.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Oct 22, 2014 at 6:00:17 am

[David Mathis] "I like to have choice and control. I would not mind subscribing if there was some buyout option."

^^^^^Yes!

publicmattersgroup.com
http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
on Oct 22, 2014 at 8:11:42 am

If you purchase CS you still can sell it in the end. with cc you are left alone with nothing. (no money, no access).

I woukd love to have the coice. I most propably would rent once in a while ore maybe even for me (with off ramp) but as long as there is no choice there is no reason for renting. well ... for me and sone others :)

best regards

Florian Sepp visual arts
http://www.floriansepp.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]