FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dear Adobe Subscription Diary…

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Dear Adobe Subscription Diary…
on Oct 10, 2014 at 3:34:04 am

Finally, my Lightroom/Photoshop is billing issue free!. As written earlier, I had a bit of a struggle getting this account thing under control.

Some will remember that in the middle of the setup for my Photoshop/Lightroom subscription the transaction servers went down for maintenance. And how I had bit of a mess to untangle.

I decided to wait a couple of months for the dust to clear and so today I checked my credit card billings, and as I suspected, there they were - TWO Adobe CC charges each month for one subscription.

So I image captured the credit card details so I’d have all the data on my desktop, and picked up the phone.

Adobe’s “on hold” music is actually quite nice.

It took 15 minutes and 30 seconds to get a human, but he was exceptionally nice and polite including the requisite lovely East Indian accent over excellent English that I now associate with quality call center associates. He was quite patient and competent – it took him about 13 minutes of checking into things in the Adobe database to figure out that when my original transaction signup failed, the last character of my email address on the FIRST transaction - had somehow had gone missing!

So yes, I had two accounts – under ALMOST the same email ID but for that ONE character. Would I like to have one eliminated? Yes please. Certainly sir, I’ll connect you to Billing and they can eliminate that account for you.

Thank you.

Back to the nice music on hold.

Billing arrived on the call at the 58 minute mark.

Again, unfailingly polite. Yes, she could see the issue. The initial signup was on August 7th with the bad email issue. The next signup was on August 20th with the correct email.

She went away to investigate and returned in under 5 minutes to assure me that the bad account could be eliminated and that would not mess up my the good account.

Hurray!

She wondered if I’d like a refund for the double billings? Yes please. She’d check into it. After a few minutes more on hold, she came back to informed me that all she was authorized to do was to eliminate the ONE most recent charge. She could not pull up to refund anything farther back. So she was crediting me for $10.62.

I paused for a moment.

My credit card showed four prior charges with another one currently pending. I've had the software working for seven weeks. On the other hand, I’d now been on the phone for 1 hour and seven minutes about 15 of those talking to very nice people.

Did I want to HOLD more to try to recover another $10-20 bucks?

Nope.

Bye bye.

Everyone I talked to was very competent and very nice.

Case #213953579 is now CLOSED.

Life resumes.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
Re: Dear Adobe Subscription Diary…
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:42:03 pm
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:42:25 pm

All too common tale.

But hey, don't worry about Adobe's appallingly bad treatment of it's own customers, in the future you'll be able to pour paint with a tablet!!!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:26:55 am

Don't forget to invade them for your time to (incompletely) resolve a problem of their creation.

Go Pixelmator!

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Oct 14, 2014 at 4:56:56 pm

[Bill Davis] "Back to the nice music on hold.

Billing arrived on the call at the 58 minute mark. "

Minutes!?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 17, 2014 at 4:40:56 am

[Richard Herd] "Billing arrived on the call at the 58 minute mark. "

Minutes!?"

Yes. Minutes. Total elapsed. NOT between events.. As noted, the entire call lasted just over one hour and seven minutes. So there were two bouts of waiting of roughly 20 minutes each. Plus the time spent talking with actual people.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]