FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID editors

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Pettit
AVID editors
on Sep 29, 2014 at 11:22:17 pm

This is a strange place to ask, I know. But we have a client that is asking for support for their in-house editing operation (they're overwhelmed) and they are, for the moment, an exclusively AVID house. They are working with stereoscopic (3D)streams and are comfortable with that workflow.

All of the editors I've spoken to here in Phoenix have moved on to other toys.

Is anyone interested in discussing this further in the next day or so to discuss whether you might be interested or not? You would need your own AVID post suite of course. Long format, technical videos are involved.

I know the AVID forum would probably be better, but then I'll might get deluged with input from people I don't know, I feel like I trust a lot of the expertise on this forum, including all those in favor of CC.

If anyone's interested, reach out and we can talk.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVID editors
on Sep 30, 2014 at 5:38:51 pm

Wow...I've lived in Phoenix. For a few years. That isn't an Avid town. News was the only place I saw it.

I'll reach out to the people I know there, but I know that most of them are FCX or Premiere Pro...or still FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
Re: AVID editors
on Sep 30, 2014 at 6:01:40 pm

[Shane Ross] "Wow...I've lived in Phoenix. For a few years. That isn't an Avid town. News was the only place I saw it."

Thanks, yeah I knew a few AVID houses here in the 90's, mostly commercial and corporate editing, but they left the platform a long time ago.

let me know if you hear anything, we're going to throw numbers at the client in the next day or 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]