FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finally solved my CC problem today after 13 days down.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Finally solved my CC problem today after 13 days down.
on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:14:47 am

My temp CC frustration is FINALLY at an end after 12 days locked out of my files.

Waited for contact from Adobe, but after almost another full week, finally couldn't stand waiting any longer and said "screw it" and tried a third time this morning to do a fresh purchase and sure enough, THIS TIME, Creative Cloud let me do the Lightroom/Photoshop subscription and the program opened afterwards without dumping me into the BUY AGAIN loop.

Which is nice because I had a still gig last Monday afternoon and now I can finally open those cards and get to work.

When I get my emotions under control I'll dive back into the Adobe system and see if I can make sure i'm not getting billed for more than one of the three subscriptions I tried to get to work. (I had 2 fail part way through and the first DID charge the card as I confirmed.)

This has TOTALLY re-enforced my desire NOT to depend on any subscription model for mission critical work. (I'm a video producer, NOT a photographer - photography is just really a hobby - so I'll grit my teeth for 9.95 until I can see a clear path to another way for my photos.

Also, since I posted the original frustration here, I should also disclose that I'm likely grumpier than I should be about the whole thing because I had another MAJOR hassle with direct bank account auto draw just this past week - so my angst level is higher than normal.

In that case, I'd been paying for more than a decade on a business insurance policy that auto draws quarterly. I used to have pretty high equipment coverage limits and a pretty high premium. That was when I had close to half a million dollars worth of gear in my shop. Today, after moving from big cameras to DSLRs and downsizing my lighting rigs, I carry a lot less equipment, so I just wanted to adjust my risk profile and get a better rate on the lower risk. Started two weeks ago to change the policy and it got done in a day. Figured 2 weeks was enough for the ins co to get things in order. Nope. Got auto-billed for the entire amount, which is now equal to the premium for an entire YEAR at my new coverage rates.

i could have sucked it up and paid it, but we're thinking about moving in a few months, and I didn't want to purchase a years worth of insurance for an operation I may be moving to another state.

Spent literally 6 hours on hold and getting shuffled upu to various "supervisors" at both the insurance co and at my bank to try to simply get the auto-draw reversed (which seemed sensible since I no longer HAD the coverage they were billing me in advance for!)

Finally, got some help from the wonderful branch manager at my local bank office who got my premium payment back in 48 hours rather than the two weeks that the district banking center said was the best they could guarantee.

She said something interesting. She said that she sees a LOT of ACH payment issues. And that she's started recommending to clients that if they're going to do ACH draws, they might want to consider opening up a separate account JUST for that purpose. That way, if things go south, you can kill the account in order to kill the payment at your (the customers) discretion.

That conforms with the highest level supervisor I got to in the banking system, who told me that there was nothing they could do for me to cancel the outgoing payment - since from the bank's point of view, the charging entity (the company making the sale) and the purchasing entity (the customer) are equal parties to the transaction, and that means the bank HAS to check with BOTH parties and gain agreement before changing an auto draw transaction in any way. And that INCLUDES terminating it if the customers wishes to do so.

Modern banking. What a system we're got going here. Sheesh.

Forwarned is forearmed.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Finally solved my CC problem today after 13 days down.
on Aug 21, 2014 at 2:14:44 am

That sounds like an amazing customer experience.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:12:00 am

[Noah Kadner] " That sounds like an amazing customer experience."

That they simply never called him back?

They never call back. No company has ever called me back like they said they would. If you ever believe that, you're naive.

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Aug 21, 2014 at 7:26:10 am

Gary, are you for real? No company has ever called you back when they said they would?
Dang, that stinks royally. I'm not gonna say every company that says they will, has called me back, but
when they don't, they get the privilege of losing my business

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:25:10 pm

[Gabe Strong] "I'm not gonna say every company that says they will, has called me back, but
when they don't, they get the privilege of losing my business"

Really doubt that you have stopped doing business with every company who hasn't called you back...unless perhaps your only access to the Internet is via a coffee shop?

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:26:46 pm

Gary,
You can doubt whatever you want. My internet access is through Alaska Communications Systems. Do you know much about them?

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:46:44 am

[Gary Huff] "[Noah Kadner] " That sounds like an amazing customer experience."

That they simply never called him back?

They never call back. No company has ever called me back like they said they would. If you ever believe that, you're naive."

Apple support ALWAYS call me back when I have an issue.

Bill has obviously had some poor customer service from Adobe on that occasion, so he's right to moan. I think we're all aware that other Companies have poor support as well that doesn't mean, like the security issue, people don't have a right to complain about it!

No sig on my posts as it's apparently very old fashioned

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:27:50 pm

[Steve Connor] "No sig on my posts as it's apparently very old fashioned"

Not so much old fashioned as instead analogous to putting in a slate in your YouTube videos with the same text as found in the description box and tags.

Like television on a honeymoon...totally unnecessary.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:46:39 am

That's some poorly written and not properly tested software handling your stuff there...

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 21, 2014 at 5:22:05 pm

Hi Bill,
I was just about to follow up with you by email. I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience with our support. I will definitely follow up with the agents to find out what happened. I left specific notes about how important it was to solve your case so I'm very disappointed that that we let you down. About clearing your previous charges, I can help you there. Let me see what I can do for you in this regard and I'll contact you off the forum by email.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:10:32 pm

Kevin,

I know you tried. And I appreciate it.

It's just the modern system. Every company has to keep the stockholders happy first and foremost. I get that. Labor costs are typically the largest controllable expense in any modern business. So keeping staffing levels in customer service operations like tech support on the tightest imaginable leash is just how things work these days.

And I also know that the entire structure of any corporation makes it a breach of their fiduciary duty to do anything BUT implement policies that drive the largest profits to the bottom line. It's how businesses operates by regulation and by law.

And they're increasingly discovering that ACH is an amazing tool for guaranteeing that in any transactional system, the power to control things granted to the selling corporation are at least equal to (if not superior!) to those of the purchasing customer.

That was the value of this to me. To learn that I'n not doing business with "a vendor" anymore. I'm increasingly going to be doing business with financial systems where the laws and rules and operational policies are not going to be in place to benefit the purchase. I suspect it's the progeny of so many years of "deregulation." In the absence of any countervailing force equal to corporate power to make rules (and like it or not, typically government is the only player with even the potential for similar clout) - then power sets policies that benefit power. It's inevitable.

I was truly blown away when the bank people told me they simply legally could not fix something on my account, because the company (the insurance company in this case) had literally as many rights as I did (arguably more since they had access to WAY better terms and conditions writers!) to control the transaction - and the bank couldn't interfere.

Big wake up call to me.

I know you. I trust you. And I know that if there was anything more you could have done, you would have.

It's not you. It's just how business works these days.

My advice to you, my friend. In your own life, fight like heck to NEVER authorize hard to reverse on-going corporate access into your personal money stream. I've learned (the hard way) that ACH transactions are exactly that.

Your company makes great products. IMO, They just sell them in a system that puts their customers in a serious disadvantage that many of those same customers may not understand.

That's personal opinion and experience. Others will feel differently. I respect that. But it's where I stand with the benefit of some hindsight.

Take care of yourself and I'll check my statements after the dust clears and if the result is multiple charges, for the account, I'll let you know.

Honestly, I appreciate your help. And when I see you next at NAB or another industry event, I'll still buy you the first round.

Take care.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:12:52 pm

[Bill Davis] "if they're going to do ACH draws, they might want to consider opening up a separate account JUST for that purpose."

My General Auditor dad said the same thing.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Aug 24, 2014 at 6:01:30 pm

Why do we have to suffer more accounting procedures and added expense because of the incompetence of a company to provide services in a professional way? Just dump them! It is a scam. Adobe has turned into a third world company. Admit it.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.5, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1 TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 24, 2014 at 11:53:33 pm

[Jim Wiseman] "Adobe has turned into a third world company. Admit it."

No, they haven't.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Aug 25, 2014 at 2:57:00 am

[Gary Huff] "No, they haven't."

Is saying something like Adobe is third word company an example of a first world problem?

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Aug 25, 2014 at 6:20:36 pm

[Jim Wiseman] "because of the incompetence of a company to provide services in a professional way?"

Actually, the advice is to use a dedicated account for ALL web transactions.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 1, 2014 at 5:22:12 am

A dedicated account for sure, plus I would never do an auto draw from a bank account. Or electronic deposits from your employer for that matter. Both have you relinquish your rights.

And I suggest never get a fake visa/master card. (Also known as a debit card). All the above take the power out of your hands and the money out of your bank account. Oh, sure in the end it gets put back after hours, days, weeks of wasting your time on the phone or bearing the burden of proof. In the meantime you've potentially bounced a few checks and fried your credit rating.

Use credit. By comparison the power is completely in the buyers favor. No money comes out of a bank account. You can dispute a charge easily and the burden of proof is on the company. And they tend to take notice in accounting when payments get taken back from THEM.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 26, 2014 at 1:14:29 am

[Jim Wiseman] "Why do we have to suffer more accounting procedures and added expense because of the incompetence of a company to provide services in a professional way? Just dump them! It is a scam. Adobe has turned into a third world company. Admit it."

As much as I do not agree with the current subscription model I hardly feel that it is a "scam" or that Adobe is a "third world company." No matter how hard one tries, it is impossible to please everyone. I might not agree with the subscription only plan at the moment, just view it as a business model and nothing more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]