FORUMS: list search recent posts

Our new ADOBE strategy

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
Our new ADOBE strategy
on May 13, 2013 at 6:15:45 pm

Adobe (and Apple before that) has caused us to loose faith in software.
We have lost trust, and from now on will always save an XML, OMF or other interchangeable file format.
In this way we can move to other video production software when the need is there.

Right now we will stick with CS6 for most of our work, and only hop on the CC Wagon for Premiere Pro.
If Adobe changes its pricing and/or options for CC, we will consider a deal for more software.

Eyes will be open for other image editing, NLE and video effects programs...

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
Re: Our new ADOBE strategy
on May 13, 2013 at 6:55:10 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "Right now we will stick with CS6 for most of our work, and only hop on the CC Wagon for Premiere Pro.
If Adobe changes its pricing and/or options for CC, we will consider a deal for more software.

Eyes will be open for other image editing, NLE and video effects programs..."

Sounds like a good strategy. That's the same direction I'm leaning and will recommend.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 13, 2013 at 7:26:51 pm

I'm tending to trust Adobe until I'm absolutely proven otherwise, but I also own the CS6 discs and perpetual license, so I can afford to be a bit complacent. That said, I'm keeping my eyes open for options - as my grandfather said, "I may be stupid, but I'm not a goddamn fool!"

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on May 13, 2013 at 7:31:47 pm

Hopefully Adobe will open ears and eyes to the opposition they have roused up. Even Apple did listen and learn (some) from the roar they met after screwing up Final Cut Pro.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 13, 2013 at 7:53:42 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "Even Apple did listen and learn (some) from the roar they met after screwing up Final Cut Pro."

Yeah, but only grudgingly, with zero guarantee it wil work on future operating systems. I wouldn't go upgrading the OS on those Mac Pros beyond Lion, and I'd also sniff around for a couple of spare towers.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Craig Wall
on May 14, 2013 at 5:41:55 am

Joseph W. Bourke: "I'm tending to trust Adobe until I'm absolutely proven otherwise"

You trust this guy?

If a guy slithers like a snake...I don't hesitate to call him a snake.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 14, 2013 at 1:15:23 pm

If "that guy" is Adobe, I'd have second thoughts - he's not - he's representing Adobe on camera, poorly, and for the time being, he's the CEO. CEOs get replaced, sometimes before they do great harm to the corporation, sometimes after...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 14, 2013 at 3:09:55 pm

Hes salivating on the potencial bonus he gets if this pulls through. And if it dosent he will probly let go with a huge co.pensation package.

RM

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 16, 2013 at 2:32:06 pm

Thanks for the distinction, Joe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
on May 16, 2013 at 5:31:06 pm

Wasn't Shantanu Narayen one of the key Photoshop guys? I seem to recall his name being on that pop up list that used to show up. Or am I thinking of someone else?

Have to say, coming out in public and saying there's a distinction between the CEO and the company that he's leading seems slightly disingenuous to me. Especially if he's been around for donkeys years and was involved in actually developing the tools they're selling today.

Return to posts index

Craig Wall
on May 21, 2013 at 6:57:12 pm

Narayen was articulating Adobe business policy. Which has become very snakelike. But anyway...I'm beginning to get tired of this debate...and starting to have fun shopping/buying new software.

Weird. A guy can now go on a software buying spree and not even be able to spend a single dollar on Adobe software.

It's amazing how in a week I've gone from passionate anger towards Adobe...to more of a "who cares?" I've already moved on.

Oh well.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]