FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Single User License Question

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Roussarie
CC Single User License Question
on Jul 15, 2014 at 10:06:38 pm

Hello: I have a basic question: So, I have a single license for CC and I want to put that on two computers - my understanding is that I can use CC on both computers, say work and home. That works for me, but I am told that ONLY I the single licensed user can use the software. That does not work for me.

But here is the question: How would Adobe know that my 12 year old daughter was using the program and not me or at work a co-worker uses my computer? I'd really like to know the answer to that question!

I am told this is as its always been - only one licensed user can you use any Adobe product. Its the user that holds the license. Sounds like madness, but there it is.

Thanks

Larry

PS: Also do we have enough jail space to hold all the violators?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: CC Single User License Question
on Jul 15, 2014 at 11:17:05 pm

I am under the impression that the specifics of the Adobe "law" requiring only one user at a time, but ok to install on two machines have shifted a bit. Although you'll want to wait to get the answer from an Adobe employee (probably Todd or Kevin will weigh in), I think that the "one user at a time" may have loosened, since it is also my impression that you can have the CC software installed on both one PC and one Mac, and you know that you'd never find one user who used both platforms :>)

Hmmm...this link seems to indicate that it's still only "one user at a time", but not entirely clear:

http://prodesigntools.com/how-many-computers-can-you-install-adobe-cs5-on.h...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 16, 2014 at 2:01:07 am

Yes, the single-user license is intended to be used only by a single user.

The end-user license agreement is here:
http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

It seems that the original question is more about how we enforce this than what the license agreement states. I'm not going to comment on how we enforce the license terms, but I will say that a person who wants to violate these terms agreed to will probably find a way. We have no desire to be in an adversarial relationship with our customers, so we're not going to come after you if you are using the software in good faith according to the terms that you agreed to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 16, 2014 at 2:04:14 am

[Todd Kopriva] "We have no desire to be in an adversarial relationship with our customers,"

If before someone makes a crack about this comment and CC...

Return to posts index

Larry Roussarie
on Jul 16, 2014 at 7:12:51 pm

Not helpful, but thanks anyway... I get it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]