FORUMS: list search recent posts

New forum suggestion: "Adobe Alternatives"

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
New forum suggestion: "Adobe Alternatives"
on May 13, 2013 at 1:09:40 am

With all the anxiety and uncertainty that a lot of people are feeling over Adobe's new Cloud model, I imagine a lot of people are wondering what other options they have besides Adobe's software.

For that reason I suggest a new forum dedicated to helping people sort these issues out, called "Adobe Alternatives" or something like that, would be very helpful.

It could be used as a depository of information on what programs will work best as a replacement for the ones from Adobe, and also the pros and cons of switching to a certain program compared to other alternatives and the one that Adobe has.

This seems like it could be very helpful for a lot of people. I imagine there are some apps out there that would work well as alternatives but have been overlooked because everyone has just been going to Adobe without thinking twice about it.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
Re: New forum suggestion: "Adobe Alternatives"
on May 13, 2013 at 6:18:30 pm

It isn't an alternative for everybody but I think I'll go for FCPX.

Two years ago I switched from FCP 7 to Premiere Pro and they even gave me (and everybody else) a 50% discount. The change wasn't that difficult - I was really happy with first 5.5 and I then upgraded to 6 when I could.

A couple of hours ago I tried the discounted CC plan as I own a perfectly legitimate copy of 6 but the Adobe system tells me I don't qualify. That's it, nothing to discuss. I even looked up my serial number on their system and there it is along with my serial number for the old 5.5 version and my copy of Photoshop Elements.

I've switched between many commercial programming languages since 1967 and more recently a number of NLE products as better tools have surfaced - yet another change won't hurt me but I certainly feel bitter.

PP 5.5 and 6, iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]