FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Pricing issue (Europe)

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
CC Pricing issue (Europe)
on May 12, 2013 at 2:52:53 pm

I am based in Denmark, and previously purchased an update subscription plan for Production Premium. It was valid for 2 years, and cost approx. $750, given me a monthly cost of approx. $30.

With Adobes new model I will be paying the same price of $30 for the first year, because I am an existing CS6 user. After that I will have to pay almost $70 per month. That is a DOUBLING of price, considering the fact that I will still only be using Adobes video production software!

And being located in Europe, I am also paying 50% more for Adobes software than my US colleagues!

When Apple moved "Final Cut" to the "cloud" it became cheaper, not more expensive!

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
Re: CC Pricing issue (Europe)
on May 14, 2013 at 3:02:46 pm

I can second this issue from Sweden. Sadly in every forum or thread I post it Adobe reps seem to be blind by the issue.

Question: Why do we in Sweden have to pay a 30% premium for Creative Cloud compared to the US? This figures is disregarding VAT as that can cause pricing to vary anyway.

- 840 dollar annual price in the US vs roughly 1070 dollars in Sweden for Creative Cloud for Teams (+27%)
- 600 dollar annual price in the US vs roughly 780 dollars in Sweden for Creative Cloud (+30%)

If you are moving, more or less, to "one plan to rule them all", please make the pricing similar internationally as well. At the moment things are relatively to the previous boxed modell and US Creative Cloud very bad.

As a comparison Apple translates the $49.99 tag on Motion 5 to 285 SEK exkl VAT. Adobe manages to translate the same figure to 425 SEK - 50% more. This doesn't make any sense. As with Mortens figures, even with the US-pricing we'll be paying more than with out the CC subscription model.

Return to posts index

Tom Lansford
on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:45:20 am

just found this discussion as I had planned to move to cc at the sa;e ti;e as I configured one new and one old system...

Now I have real reservations.

has adobe issued a statement to justify reaming customers 30% based on nothing more than geography?

links would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:49:34 pm

I haven't seen any replies and the prices are still bonkers. A normal CC subscription costs around 60 USD per month. In the US the price is below 50 USD - i.e 20% more. This is excluding VAT.

Doesn't make sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]