FORUMS: list search recent posts

For a few minutes it looked like Adobe was reintroducing the video suite

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
For a few minutes it looked like Adobe was reintroducing the video suite
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:17:39 pm

"New becomes new again" was the teaser line from Adobe, and I honestly thought that they had listened to users, and reintroduced bundles of software based on business areas, instead of opting us to pay for a lot of apps we never use. The presentation was even divided into specific segments: Video, Design and Web.

There is nothing new about the Adobe event yesterday. In contrary they are going back to publishing single annual updates across the entire software base, and not all the new software is not backward compatible.

A 30 dollar a month suite with either Video, Design or Web tools would have been sweet, and would have ridiculed the mass accusations about a concealed price increase.

In my opinion Adobe had the chance to reinvent NEW but blew it!

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: For a few minutes it looked like Adobe was reintroducing the video suite
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:56:40 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "and would have ridiculed the mass accusations about a concealed price increase."

That accusation is pretty ridiculous in and of itself. Doesn't need any help from a different tier.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:58:47 pm
Last Edited By Morten Ranmar on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:02:33 pm

Gary - do the math. I used to pay $600 for a 2 year subscription contract for the CS video suite...

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 20, 2014 at 3:26:57 am

I used to pay around $400. Not since CS6.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.5, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1 TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 20, 2014 at 1:59:27 pm

[Jim Wiseman] "I used to pay around $400. Not since CS6."

And Amazon Prime used to be $79 a year. And Netflix used to be $7.99.

Return to posts index

Mike Chambers
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:21:23 pm

>In contrary they are going back to publishing single annual updates across the entire software base,

No. That is not correct. I posted on this here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/378/8577

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:28:31 pm

Mike, I am interested, as I am sure many others are: if Adobe really is going to roll out a new big release like this every year that updates all applications at the same time very similar to the way Creative Suite was done, why don't they also take each new yearly big release and sell it with a perpetual license?

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 20, 2014 at 3:02:24 am

Because SN would have to resign…

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.5, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1 TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 20, 2014 at 3:19:21 am

Or eat a very large portion of crow…

Jim Wiseman

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 20, 2014 at 8:51:50 pm

Hi David,

[David Smith] "why don't they also take each new yearly big release and sell it with a perpetual license?"

It's because we've already stated that all future development will be for Creative Cloud. Sorry if that's not going to work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Jun 20, 2014 at 9:21:19 pm

Kevin, your answer doesn't actually address my question any better than saying "because we don't want to", but thanks for trying.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 20, 2014 at 10:40:06 pm
Last Edited By Aindreas Gallagher on Jun 20, 2014 at 11:25:58 pm

[Kevin Monahan] "It's because we've already stated that all future development will be for Creative Cloud."

lets try that again:

It's because we've already stated we are implementing remote DRM subscription rental locks for the software you owned once upon a time.

why beat about the bush. the creative cloud never meant anything. However hard you try it still doesn't relative to its intent. It's a PR action to mask forced removal of software ownership.

Although it has to be said that adobe guys seem cock the hoop lately. I can count on no fingers the last time Mike Chambers turned up here.

adobe could be seen to be exploiting the inertia of monopoly software positions to roll over lowly hapless creatives. Well done all.

Adobe have succeeded in architecting insecure demand monthly tenancies for life. You, in this I am referring to adobe, have robbed variously insecure creatives of basic security of tool ownership. Everyone is in hock to you now, and lets see how those tool subscription prices go.

Whatever the market can bear is the phrase right?

You must, as adobe employees, be all be so very proud of the gift you have brought to so many edge dancing creatives.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jun 21, 2014 at 1:02:04 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Jun 21, 2014 at 1:04:09 am

[Kevin Monahan] "
[David Smith] "why don't they also take each new yearly big release and sell it with a perpetual license?"

It's because we've already stated that all future development will be for Creative Cloud. Sorry if that's not going to work for you."

Wow. Adobe must be convinced that burning bridges with a certain sizable portion of its customers is risk-free now Kevin. Good luck with that.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 21, 2014 at 2:45:23 am

Hell, I'd be willing to purchase -- i.e. NOT rent -- AE version 12. I don't need to be on the bleeding edge. Close is good enough for me.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]