FORUMS: list search recent posts

The other Creative Cloud forum is pretty dead

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
The other Creative Cloud forum is pretty dead
on May 12, 2013 at 1:20:09 am

I noticed that the other Creative Cloud forum, which is dedicated to actually using it, is pretty deserted.

There are only four postings in there- three of which were started by the Adobe employee who requested that the forum be started. And none of them have any responses.

There is also an article posted there, which does have responses to it, but that doesn't count because it's visible from other forums as well.

To me this was really good to see. Hopefully it's a sign that a lot of other people are as upset and frustrated about all this as I am, and would rather focus on getting the glaring issues and oversights fixed before they entertain the notion of actually using this thing...

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: The other Creative Cloud forum is pretty dead
on May 12, 2013 at 5:35:17 am

Give it some time. It just opened and CC hasn't even been launched yet.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 12, 2013 at 9:11:16 am

Aren't there 500,000 people using the Creative Cloud already?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
on May 12, 2013 at 9:55:59 am

Not sure if opening yet another forum solely dedicated to CC at this point makes any sense. If I have a problem with Premiere CS6, wether via subscription or not, I'd post it in the Premiere forum. Problems usually tend to be application specific, not related to when and how my activation is checked.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 12, 2013 at 12:09:48 pm

[Frank Gothmann] "Not sure if opening yet another forum solely dedicated to CC at this point makes any sense"

Specific Pr or Ae issues should be posted in their respective COW Forums. The TWO new Cloud forums are meant to cater to issues specific/generic to CC.

According to corporate Adobe, there are 500K to 2million CC users. Strangely, AFAICR, there has never been a single AE CS6/CC-specific question at the COW's main AE Forum.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 12, 2013 at 3:08:19 pm

According to cnet adobe has 8.5 million cs licences out there and over 4 million individual app lic. The current subscribers are 479k.

RC

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 12, 2013 at 6:16:59 pm

[Ricardo Marty] "According to cnet adobe has 8.5 million cs licences out there and over 4 million individual app lic. The current subscribers are 479k."

It's important to remember that those 479K subscribers are subscribers by choice.

Adobe may be very surprised by how many of the remaining 12.5 million find CS6 does everything they need.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 12, 2013 at 6:37:04 pm

And until last Monday the 479k CC subscribers might have thought they had the CS perpetual license to fall back on. No way to know what they might have done when their first year ran out.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on May 12, 2013 at 9:45:42 pm

[David Lawrence] "It's important to remember that those 479K subscribers are subscribers by choice.

Adobe may be very surprised by how many of the remaining 12.5 million find CS6 does everything they need."

I can tell you I'm one of the 479K at $29.99, I was short on cash to upgrade from CS5 so I thought it was cheaper to subscribe for one year, I wasn't planning in paying $49.99 afterwards, so now I'll be upgrading to CS6 if I can, if not, other more creative solutions would have to come up.

Now it's not much about money for me right now, it's about principles, and sending a message with my wallet, I like options and certainly what's worse than lack of options are options being taken away.

This reminds me when I moved to a new place, and I wasn't allowed to have satellite in the building, and my only choice was cable, only one company to choose, which had the worse lineup you could ever imagine, and the monthly fee something to $80, and I refused to pay for that, bought an antenna, and a few years later with iTV and Hulu at $7.99/month I totally forgot there's such a thing as cable subscription

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 13, 2013 at 5:42:27 am

[David Lawrence] "Adobe may be very surprised by how many of the remaining 12.5 million find CS6 does everything they need."

Yeah. That may be quite the reality.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 13, 2013 at 4:17:53 pm

[Frank Gothmann] "Not sure if opening yet another forum solely dedicated to CC at this point makes any sense. "

Well, there may be questions about CC itself, and the apps you are not familiar with. Some discussion around those things would be good, as you can see some of the benefit you'll get from Creative Cloud. For instance, you could go into the business of creating HTML 5 compliant web banners with Edge Animate. In the CC forum, you could discuss the differences between the apps, etc.

That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 12, 2013 at 2:03:02 pm

Steve -

I believe that it's upwards of 450,000, but who's counting? My guess would be that if the software is working fine, and the users are happy with their choice, why would there be much traffic? I've always noticed that with the VideoCopilot forum - I always check in there thinking I'll find or learn something new. Nope, I just learn that forums with a lot of satisfied users (and not many technical problems) don't tend to have high traffic.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 12, 2013 at 3:42:49 pm

I would have to believe they are having the same problems that the users on the traditional AE and Premiere Pro Forums are having. No lack of problems there. In reality, CC is not much different other than the subscription vs ownership model. No one needs to post anything to see the difference between them.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 12, 2013 at 4:41:39 pm

I guess you're right there, Jim - the software is the software, whether it comes from the Cloud, or discs. In a sense, I don't see why it's even necessary to have a Creative Cloud forum (I don't mean this one, since it revolves around the controversy, not software issues), since AE is AE, and PPro is PPro, either one bringing along its' own missing features, misunderstood features, and great features.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 13, 2013 at 4:14:29 pm

[Steve Connor] "Aren't there 500,000 people using the Creative Cloud already?"

Yes, but I don't see people flocking to a forum that was created just a few days ago. Give it time. People will have questions and need support in time.

If you or anyone has any questions, I can try to help you out.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 13, 2013 at 4:56:47 pm

[Kevin Monahan] "...I don't see people flocking to a forum that was created just a few days ago. Give it time."

Um, how many days ago was this very forum started? What do YOU see?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 13, 2013 at 5:06:47 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Um, how many days ago was this very forum started? What do YOU see?"

Those in this forum are generally not Creative Cloud customers and want to debate the option of moving to this option, or not. The CC forum might be a better place for existing and new customers to get information not appropriate for a debate forum.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Brandon Cordy
on May 13, 2013 at 5:48:30 am

I'm assuming it was created to be used for questions regarding the service itself, or the applications (web or desktop) in it that don't have separate forums (Muse, the Edge family, Story, etc.).

Give me (and others) time to run around in it a bit (yes, I'm a subscriber) and I'm sure questions will turn up

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 13, 2013 at 4:33:26 pm

[Brandon Cordy] "I'm assuming it was created to be used for questions regarding the service itself, or the applications (web or desktop) in it that don't have separate forums (Muse, the Edge family, Story, etc.)."

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Many of us could use an update to our websites, and might need help with some of those apps. Some of us could host web sites with Business Catalyst, saving ourselves and our customers money. We need help with some of these new apps, like Edge Animate and others, that could bring new revenue to our shops.

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]