Adobe CC log-in issues

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Adobe CC log-in issues
on May 14, 2014 at 10:32:08 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/376/442

That's encouraging! Not.

I'm having similar issues just now, but fortunately nothing work dependent. My apps are working fine. Just the CC app won't take a log-in and says there's a momentary problem.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Adobe CC log-in issues
on May 14, 2014 at 11:09:58 pm

Hi Oliver,
We are currently experiencing issues with the Adobe Creative Cloud application. We are working on a fix right now. We will report over social channels when we are back up and running.

Apps should not be affected, but if a user has not activated their application prior to this problem, then issues might occur. I'll reply to the user having trouble.

On behalf of Adobe, I apologize to anyone having issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 14, 2014 at 11:28:36 pm

Yes. Right now it's just a problem in trying to sign in to the CC desktop app. No problem with any of the apps. I figured it must be something like that. Thanks.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on May 15, 2014 at 12:56:36 pm

Does this affect the forums too.
I am unable to login.
Applications work just fine.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 15, 2014 at 2:30:18 pm

Yes, Ann, this affects the sign-in for the Adobe forums, too.

In general, folks should be able to use their applications just fine for quite a long time without the sign-in functionality. This is the same as being able to run for many days in the case of a lost internet connection, etc.

Kevin's team will make a broad announcement when the sign-in system is back up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on May 15, 2014 at 5:01:17 pm

Thanks Todd.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
on May 15, 2014 at 6:01:28 pm

I love my CC subscription. I truly do. But I just lost 3 clients because of computer issues, having to reinstall Windows, and... NOT being able to install CC.

This really sucks. 24 hours now, and more unhappy clients. Should I ask for a day's worth of subscription in refund? Worthless. But losing my clients at least partly because of ADOBE's negligence? Invaluable. (Make no mistake, accidents and problems happen and that wouldn't be Adobe's 'fault'... but not having an effective emergency fall-back system? That is their negligence.)

Before this issue, I couldn't get my applications to stay logged in for more than an hour without deleting a couple of files. Now, Adobe doesn't even know me until it is time to bill me again?

Please, Adobe team, lets prioritize an integrated system that WORKS, not one that your users have to keep fixing and 'putting up with'.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
on May 15, 2014 at 4:58:21 pm

adobe expects that it takes at least 24 hours to fix it.
http://www.itproportal.com/2014/05/15/adobe-creative-cloud-services-down-ac...

I am so happy with my cs6.

best regards
Flo

Florian Sepp visual arts
http://www.floriansepp.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 15, 2014 at 5:02:05 pm

[Florian Sepp] "I am so happy with my cs6."

This outage is clearly bad news -- but the CC apps are still working, and in fact have that activation grace period which keeps them working through an outage like this, so I am still quite happy with CC, too.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
on May 15, 2014 at 6:01:11 pm

if the grace period is 30 days one out of 30 will have a problem activating CC and keep it running. looking at Facebook shows, that there are many people that have problems.

I have no problem with regular payments (I have a maxon MSA).
But I really have no motivation to switch to CC as long as I dont have control.

and I more and more get the impression that adobe just can't do the cloud.

anyways I feel with all of those cc Guys who loose customers to guys with cs6 (sorry was to tempting :)

well i am really sad, and on the other hand i somehow think that it was obvious that things like this could happen.

best regards
Jops

Florian Sepp visual arts

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 15, 2014 at 6:06:43 pm

[Florian Sepp] "if the grace period is 30 days one out of 30 will have a problem activating CC and keep it running."

I think the software checks more often than once during a cycle. And the grace period is longer. From the FAQ [link]:
For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

I don't mean to debate whether CC is right for you or not -- or for anybody else. I just mean to keep the conversation around it factual.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
on May 15, 2014 at 6:41:33 pm

No worries. I didnt get this impression. Your numbers are right. Never the less there are many affected. And it is a pitty how a company that enforces so many to do beautifull things is not able to have a backup system for their database. They underestimated the consequences of their change to the cloud. As many customers do (my oppinion)

Best regards
Flo

Florian Sepp visual arts

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 15, 2014 at 6:50:37 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I don't mean to debate whether CC is right for you or not -- or for anybody else. I just mean to keep the conversation around it factual."

Walter, while your facts are certainly correct, have you read the comments on the CC Facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud

This outage is costing customers thousands of dollars in lost productivity and lost clients. It's a major clusterfu*k and exactly the kind of problem that those of us who object to the forced CC model have been warning about.

publicmattersgroup.com
http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 15, 2014 at 7:55:06 pm

Yeah, this is pretty much the one thing Adobe couldn't allow to happen.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 15, 2014 at 8:29:46 pm

I swear this seems crazy. they just forced credit card replacements for a few million people, and now the customer base is getting locked out.

we can all be sure they'll weather it with tin ears because the money ship is not for turning,

its not so much the irritation that adobe have staggered into this new, foreign role to get subscriptions, because god knows that's annoying to the license holder, its the unyielding sense that they walked into it incompetently.

adobe definitely knew they wanted the end of customer software license control, and they definitely knew they wanted control of software access ongoing, and they really wanted live access to customer credit cards, its just doubly unfortunate that they proved laughably incapable on all scores.

what's most hilarious is the online customer support exchanges - its surreal.
has anyone read those exchanges today? it's like something out of douglas adams.

adobe effectively have no backend. It's like this big three story building where if you actually step through the front door, there are a few wooden upright supports, a few birds nests, and lonely Kevin Monaghan typing out tweet replies to some three million customers.

as in: not only did they railroad us all into this insanity - but they did it on the crazy cheap.

it's a joke. Adobe really, really feels like a hollowed out corporation.

and did I hear that adobe are dis-continuing live creative cloud support? I'm sure that came up recently.

so are we all off to twitter now?

Kevin is probably reading this - god love him.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 15, 2014 at 8:40:05 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "It's like this big three story building where if you actually step through the front door, there are a few wooden upright supports, a few birds nests, and lonely Kevin Monaghan typing out tweet replies to some three million customers."

Hilarious visual Aindreas. Thank you for the laugh.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 15, 2014 at 10:46:32 pm

can't beat gallows laughs - still a disgrace though this. a pure utter incompetent disgrace.

If they were going to pull this on everyone, they could at least have the grace not to be morons executing it.
no one liked it to begin with, and now everyone, as designers, is basically left globally terrified of adobe's incompetence executing the license cash grab. because they look incompetent right?

when will the subscription management fail again? Is this like living in LA with tremors?

lets all check twitter. Kevin Monaghan has the latest on the screwed up total failure of their forced retained live tool ownership.
why in the hell are adobe doing this? why push everything this hard - particularly when they can't even run the bloody deathstar?

While people might be tempted to hate adobe at this point, you actually really could hate their incompetence.

Its like watching this guy, trying to point a gun at you, trip on banana peels repeatedly. It's incredibly annoying.

they still have a gun, but they look like morons.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on May 15, 2014 at 11:11:24 pm

Being very slowly robbed by a monkey that has no pockets to put your wallet in, and wants you to carry it round and keep giving it money.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on May 16, 2014 at 12:23:40 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "why in the hell are adobe doing this? why push everything this hard - particularly when they can't even run the bloody deathstar?"

Someday Adobe may finally realize what a mistake all this has been. And then I wont be able to read hilarious comments like this anymore...

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 16, 2014 at 7:09:19 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "lets all check twitter. Kevin Monaghan has the latest on the screwed up total failure of their forced retained live tool ownership."

Look, I was early and loud about not being keen on the Adobe Cloud thing....

But Kevin Monahan is my friend and I know him to be a solid, caring and hard working dude.

Bash the company all you like. Bash the corporate practices all you like.

But to the extent that anyone tries to link this to the INDIVIDUALS that are repping Adobe here with the policies that they have to support and defend is CRAP.

This is corporate policy making. NOT guys like Kevin screwing up or doing anything other than attempting to do an honest job on behalf of individual customers the best way they can given the policies of the corporation - a thing that I suspect neither he, nor anyone else below the level of the executive suite have the power to control.

So again, bash the company or the product at will.

But stop name-bashing the people. It's a dick move.

My SERIOUS 2 cents.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on May 15, 2014 at 9:02:49 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Yeah, this is pretty much the one thing Adobe couldn't allow to happen."

The length of the outage is also very disturbing, are we going to get another security issue when the dust clears?

I like CC and haven't been affected by the outage, but it's not exactly good for confidence going forward

Steve Connor
Mellowing slowly

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 15, 2014 at 9:05:42 pm

David, I haven't seen the Facebook page.

I think this story is easy to sensationalize, and in the process, lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of CC customers are still in business, and that the grace period is working as designed and is providing protection against the outage for most.

That said, I don't want to minimize this. If there are customers who can't work, that's unacceptable. Perhaps a more permissive, time-limited auxiliary authentication system is in order for the future to prevent this from happening again. Outage and outrage are not that far apart.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Ryan Walker
on May 15, 2014 at 9:51:36 pm

I politely disagree with the idea of sensationalism going on here. Adobe is building a product for the end user, and the end user wasn't pulling for the CC. It's Adobe's concern over piracy that has us in the current situation. And that concern has now boiled into this outages for paying customers. While it's very easy to take the passive route (I do it myself), this is an opportunity to tell Adobe that we don't support this flawed model. I want local software, and 100% control over my material and ability to use the software. Worst case scenario, maybe there is a fantastic competitor on the horizon.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 15, 2014 at 10:12:39 pm

[Ryan Walker] " I want local software, and 100% control over my material and ability to use the software. "

that, as they say, is not a crazy request.

The question is whether adobe, as it exists today, exists in the terms we might have thought of it.

you'd suspect everyone is about to hit a hard brick wall - say to quote gertrude stein: I don't think there is any there left there.

there is some social PR and some publicly charismatic engineers, but I rather think adobe is long dead and gone.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 15, 2014 at 10:25:34 pm

[Ryan Walker] "It's Adobe's concern over piracy that has us in the current situation. And that concern has now boiled into this outages for paying customers."

CC is much more about a constant/predictable revenue stream and avoiding the SOX rules than it is about battling piracy. Adobe's fully functioning trial versions of software were hacked years ago and CC does nothing to combat that.

[Ryan Walker] ". I want local software,"

The software is local. If I wanted to I could discount from the Internet and edit in PPro for months before having to 'phone home' again if I wanted to. The problem going on right now is basically a problem with software authorization and it's not something unique to Adobe.

For example, I have Avid MC on multiple computers but only one serial number so if I switch between machines I have to de-authorize the software on Machine A and then authorize it on Machine B. If Avid's authentication servers are down then I won't be able to authorize the software (on either machine) and I'd be in the same boat some CC users are in right now. My only option would be to use Avid in trial mode (which is what Adobe is suggesting CC users with authorization problems do).

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on May 15, 2014 at 11:46:10 pm

I do understand piracy. That's why we still need Master locks for our garden shed.

But let technology work for the users too. And it is not a subscription model with a credit card tied directly to the software like a calf on a teat. (I dairy farmed for a stint)

Let the software ping a server with a code and lock it to a couple of user's IP addresses like in "Person of Interest" and it will show if the user is not legit and put up a warning.

I don't design software so I don't know, but for goodness sake this is not a model I will adopt.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 16, 2014 at 1:13:37 am

[Rich Rubasch]But let technology work for the users too. And it is not a subscription model with a credit card tied directly to the software like a calf on a teat. (I dairy farmed for a stint)

"Let the software ping a server with a code and lock it to a couple of user's IP addresses like in "Person of Interest" and it will show if the user is not legit and put up a warning.
"

Going with IPs sounds like a worse path, IMO. Adobe is headed in a direction road so that all you have to do is login on any machine with CC and you can have your settings, project files, etc. at the ready. Having to get new 'license approval' every time you went to a new machine (or fired up your laptop on a new network) seems like it would get annoying.

For users that don't want to keep a credit card on file with Adobe you can either pay for a year up front in one lump sum (as opposed paying for a year but getting billed monthly or you can buy Adobe CC pre-paid cards from places like Best Buy and in that situation Adobe never sees your credit card.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 15, 2014 at 8:46:03 pm

[Walter Soyka] " the CC apps are still working, and in fact have that activation grace period which keeps them working through an outage like this, so I am still quite happy with CC, too."

Hi Walter,
Thanks for mentioning that.

BTW, If you have been signed out and cannot work with your apps, you can still launch them in trial mode. Here's a doc for that: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-service-outage.html...

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 15, 2014 at 9:06:23 pm

Kevin this is insane.

Adobe are supporting something in the millions of financial incomes and livelihoods across design, with day to week sensitive clients and briefs -

so as your global software subscription lock and key (temporarily?) falls apart, we are now left with social media interjections - like yours - to remind customers to maybe fall back on trial software to support ongoing client scenarios while we all check for where you will be for future statements or what the adobe twitter feed is going to say? because god knows the online chat help is a kafkaesque nightmare.

so it's a subtle joke - right? because otherwise this is insanity.

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on May 15, 2014 at 9:15:00 pm

Logging in to thier own app seems to be something Adobe just cant get thier head around. I was locked out of mine for a couple weeks. Adobes directions on how to fix it were totally worthless (they would for instance tell you to delete a file but not tell you where that file is). Researching it I came across masses of forum threads detailing the same thing, and it's been an issue for them from day 1 and is still.

There's an hilarious example of the assistance one can exxpect on the phone detailed in this thread here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/5805005 (just scroll halfway down). I eventually got around this with help from a forum member.

I heard Adobe created this subscription system partly as an anti piracy measure. What they've done though is create the first software in history that is easier to pirate than it is to use legimately.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 16, 2014 at 12:57:23 am

[Dominic Deacon]: "...What they've done though is create the first software in history that is easier to pirate than it is to use legimately."

That's a totally ludicrous observation, and if it weren't true it would be hilarious. As I read through this thread shaking my head, Adobe's behavior makes a Douglas Adams novel look as sensible as a math book in comparison.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
We have restored Adobe login services
on May 16, 2014 at 1:12:26 am

HI all,
We have restored Adobe login services and all services are now online. https://status.creativecloud.com Sorry for any trouble this outage has caused.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: We have restored Adobe login services
on May 16, 2014 at 10:38:17 am

[Kevin Monahan] "Sorry for any trouble"

hey - what a fulsome, detailed explanation of what went down there, this was fun right? the actual login toppled over, we got a couple of tweets, and then some adobe guy saying: sorry for any trouble there, global community of designers, carry on and nothing to see here.

this is insane Kevin.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 16, 2014 at 11:58:36 am

Nope, not working here. The CC desktop app opens and the pane is blank. When I try to launch the status symbol just spins and spins. It got to a sign-in screen once and when I signed in, it still stayed blank. On subsequent attempts, it may or may not get to a sign-in screen. So as yet, it is not functioning correctly.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 16, 2014 at 12:23:43 pm

OK, just came back up. I reset modem and router in between and that may have helped. Or it was just coincidence.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on May 16, 2014 at 4:39:11 pm

For those of your having or had issues over the past few days, can you not even open your CC applications? At work we have a ton of edit stations that never connect to the Adobe servers for weeks or months at a time. All the CC aps ran just fine during this down time. I understand it has been a hassle if you logged out and could not log your aps back in.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 16, 2014 at 6:06:40 pm

[Andy Edwards] "All the CC aps ran just fine during this down time."

This is true, however, access to any files on the Cloud, not synced to your local machine, were not accessible either.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 16, 2014 at 5:36:29 pm

[Kenin Monahan]: "Sorry for any trouble this outage has caused."

Y'know, once upon a time Adobe was known for good, reliable software. It's too bad the Adobe brass apparently didn't consider that CC would mean reliable internet services,

Who supplies electricity in San Jose? PG&E? I wonder how all those guys on the top floor of 345 Park Ave would react if, after a 36-hour power outage, the PG&E spokesperson said, "Hi, the power's back! Sorry 'bout that!"

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]