FORUMS: list search recent posts

hit film is now also a plug-in

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
hit film is now also a plug-in
on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:29:55 am
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:33:33 am

It works with ppro cs6 adobe cc, fcpx,vegas,motion. 130 effects.
Hopefully soon with resolve

Hitfilm.com

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: hit film is now also a plug-in
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:24:18 am
Last Edited By David Mathis on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:34:23 am

This is exciting news! From everything I have read so far, looks like something that will fit nicely into almost any workflow. I was shocked by the price tag, but in a very good way.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:42:38 am

The new version of the standalone features both 2d and 3d tracking dont know how good but its offering lot of stuff

This looks like its heading towards ae territory.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 19, 2014 at 5:07:14 am

I agree, and that would be very good news. The price looks to be fair, and the fact it will install into all supported applications along you need to make just one purchase really is a good deal. I was considering Red Giant Universe and this came along. I probably will go with both or I will just have to flip a coin then decide. :-)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 19, 2014 at 3:10:32 pm

This is an interesting development on another front. When the standalone HitFilm was first put forth as a replacement for AE, I checked, out of curiosity, to see what parallels there were with AE, should I ever need to jump ship. The one huge drawback (for me) was that there was no architecture for AE plugins, and I have a large investment in those. This could be a game changer for many, since the ability to create for the AE plugin architecture also implies the knowledge to build that architecture into their own product.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:16:13 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:18:03 pm

I have been comparing the product offerings from both Red Giant Universe and Hit Film, which makes choosing which fork on the road to take a bit interesting.

Both can be installed multiple applications with a single license which will allow to save a big chunk of change. Those funds can be utilized elsewhere.

Not sure about Red Giant, but a single license from Hit Film will allow for installation on two computers. I am thinking a lap top for one and a desktop for the other. This will be of great benefit.

Where it gets interesting is the cost of upgrading and what is available. Right now Red Giant Universe is still in beta but hopefully it will be going full force soon. Universe gives you the option to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis. You can also go the lifetime membership option. One fee, that is it. Should you go subscription the plug-ins will time out, thinking this will be one decides to exit. Universe will allow for more frequent product offerings and a more frequent update schedule.

On the other hand, the good people at Hit Film have well over 100 plug-ins to choose from. A few will not available in certain host applications, those are few and far between. I assume there will be a paid upgrade way of doing things here just like Boris and others do. Fair enough, the upgrade price is usually reasonable.

I think this will all boil down to what needs are and budget. Both of these companies have a great strategy, both the customer and company win. Nice to see a great amount of plug-ins available for people who are on a tight budget. I like both companies very much and will probably go subscription with Universe and might go the lifetime membership down the road. Things are really starting to look much better. Also will very likely go with Hit Film as well. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not some out of control train heading our direction.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Apr 19, 2014 at 8:30:06 pm

[David Mathis] "Universe gives you the option to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis. You can also go the lifetime membership option."

Has anyone played with Universe at all? I got the free trial but have not had any time to mess with it.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 19, 2014 at 8:50:08 pm

I have played with it some. The free plug-ins are nice, premium looks nice as well. Lens flare looks to be good as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]