FORUMS: list search recent posts

You have been signed out

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
You have been signed out
on Apr 13, 2014 at 8:08:05 am

This happens ever so often for me, having me speculate how solid and secure Adobe's servers really are?

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: You have been signed out
on Apr 13, 2014 at 3:09:43 pm

I don't think it's a security issue as much as a bug issue - check out this loooong thread on the Adobe CC Download & Install community site:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5935035

There are some people for whom the solutions worked, and some who are still frustrated.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:22:27 pm

Hi Morten,
Sorry you're having trouble there. I have a doc you can check out for a possible solution: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.ht...

If that doesn't work, feel free to contact our support agents. There is a link to Chat at the bottom of the page. I hope that your problem will be solved soon. If not, please let me know: kmonahan AT my company DOT com.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Online/Social Customer Success Lead DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:38:22 pm

I just created an account. Downloaded Photoshop and got to work quickly. I went back to download lightroom and I just can't sign in. When I open the Adobe CC it prompts me for my password and email. I give it and then it redirects me to another page that just says "you've been signed out. Please sign in." Its been a long day. I so don't want to go read the help forums.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:51:03 pm

Hi Dominic,
Check out the article I linked to above and see if it doesn't help you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:59:02 pm

Signing in again works fine - but only for a while...
To be honest have experienced this 3 or 4 times in a year period.

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 15, 2014 at 7:36:50 pm

Morten,
Contact me: (kmonahan) [AT] my-company {dot} com if you wish me to escalate your case.

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Apr 15, 2014 at 9:08:47 pm

Hi Kevin,

Do not wish to escalate my particular case. Just want you guys to be aware of some of the drawbacks of the CC model.

It is my feeling that there are too many loose ends in the development. For example the latest bug release for Premiere Pro broke the "send sequence to Audition" feature, so there is no longer any handles on the audio clips. This makes the feature useless, and forces us back to using OMF.
Do not know what the bug release was supposed to fix - I am also just experiencing slower program responsiveness.

I know you guys have competition, and want to show off new features - but please start by making the solutions stable and responsive. As a Mac user I do not get the same performance out of After Effects, Premiere or Speedgrade, as a PC user - even if I've purchased a speedy GTX680 graphics card. That is not fair.

Another annoying thing is CC's lack of communicating version numbering. It makes it harder to scrutinise what is working and what is not!

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on Apr 15, 2014 at 9:44:11 pm

Solution 1 didn't work. I can't work out solution 2.

"Adobe CC applications will display the message "Sign In Required" when they fail to read some data while launching. This issue can be caused by a USB state change (i.e. a USB device is added or removed), but does not occur with all USB devices. To verify whether this is the issue and this solution will resolve it, locate the following text in PDApp.log (in the %temp% dicrectory):"

PPApp.log in the %temp%directory? Are there directions on how to find that because I'm not familiar with those files. I don't actually use lightroom anyway (and $10 is a freakin bargain for photoshop) so I'm not too bothered but directions from Adobe should assume the person on the other end has very little computer knowledge.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 15, 2014 at 10:10:44 pm

Hi Dominic,
Send me an email with your Adobe ID, phone number, region, and best time to call and I can have an agent contact you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:15:14 pm

Huzzah! Finally fixed it. Thanks for the offer of call support Kevin but I really struggle to understand that wierd faux-American accent that call centre staff have. Never goes well for me. Why they don't just let them have an Indian accent which is usually easy to follow I'll never understand.

Anyway the trick was to delete the opm file. I think adobe suggest this but I could never find it with the route adobe lists until I came across a forum post that explained how the appdata folder is hidden on some PCs.

Anyway took a few hours over a free days to fix what seems to be a super common problem that this software seems to have had from day 1 and continues to have on both Macs and PCs. Did not enjoy messing around with cmd prompts and whatnot. They are scary to those who are not super computer literate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]