FORUMS: list search recent posts

creative cloud font selection

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aindreas Gallagher
creative cloud font selection
on Feb 25, 2014 at 8:07:50 pm

Took a dip in the dark side on a job. Water was indescribably nice. I want premiere pro CC something rotten. Expanding VA tracks by simply running your finger up the magic mouse is a little bit erotic frankly.

Did all the things I can't do in 6 - turned on edit indicators, got the marker notes onto the canvas, turned on through edit indicators just to stare at them, played around on the timeline, really really really liked the timeline, started cutting on the timeline, really liked cutting on the timeline, cut down IVs on the timeline, pancaked the timelines with the IV selects as source above using that sweet sweet adobe GUI to arrange them like two bricks on top of each other.

Sigh.

Also played around with that devilish CC icon up top, upgraded the PPro install from 7.01 to 7.2 (i think) just so I could get those sweet through edit indicators..

then activated the font element to see what I could get as we had bought a really cheesy News GFX AE package to do a gag daily show graphics surround for a corporate piece - the bundle required optical flares and elements 3D - client forked over for that, but the AE templates also used:

Eurostile, Avenir, and avant garde as fonts.

Not the craziest frere jones fonts you ever heard of - annnnd no dice.

That is one seriously limited font selection. seriously - eurostile? you couldn't spring for that?

Adobe - if you can't even play back shared video files on your magic, hey its really not at all a magic cloud magic carpet, you could at least splash a bit of cash and get a vaguely attractive/functional set of desktop fonts available for download. Crack open your wallet a tad. Make us want to want that stupid cloud.

Make us go - oh my god, CC is transformative for corporate type use. You could front bulk CC agreements with the foundries type thing - get deals for limited time use of the fonts or something, discounts - radically increase their market share for smaller operators. I don't know - something - basically its a crappy selection of fonts.

And get us some kind of realistic out from the subscription as a parcel to heavy long term obligations to that subscription.

do the right thing people. you will feel better for it. This is not directed to lone soldiers like Todd. If I reply to Todd, I'm replying to adobe. He effectively represents them. just, as you yanks say, sayin'.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: creative cloud font selection
on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:49:13 am

Nice ain't it? Wait til you start magic mousing around in Speedgrade with just a click and a finger swipe. Tres au naturale..

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30:07 pm

Caved to the Rentier Capitalists!

What computer are you using?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:41:35 pm

did so not cave! client computer. client CC...

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Feb 26, 2014 at 9:43:12 pm

The Client. The Creative Cloud's gateway drug.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:51:27 pm

Riiiiight. They gave you the canary. You're still in the mines.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 27, 2014 at 2:25:45 pm

Hmmm. Maybe if all editing software goes subscription based, and the clients rent the software for the editors, we might be stuck marketing ourselves on our editing talent alone, instead of the tools we own.

Ugh. What was I thinking,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]