Adobe CC packages

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Adobe CC packages
on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:54:16 pm

Is this new?

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/video.html

The CC memberships have now been broken out by market segments like the old collections. I don't see any pricing, but this appears to be an extension of the Photography-specific group that he's been previously offered.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Adobe CC packages
on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:57:43 pm

Not as far as I can see, looks like it's just promoting the apps in the package that are relative to the specific groups. You still have to rent them all!

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:07:30 pm

As Steve says, this is not an advertisement of a new set of products; rather, it is a targeted set of advertising for the existing products.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:27:48 pm

So to clarify, this still requires the full CC payment. Right?

The reason I ask, is that I teach a few workshops at a local college film program and the IT folks are implementing the CC campus wide. The admin specifically referred to installation of Video and/or Design packages based on departments.

So while it may be targeted marketing, it gets confusing, too. Or does the Team/Enterprise set-up work differently, since these will be local deployments over their network?

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31:20 pm

> So to clarify, this still requires the full CC payment. Right?

Yes. This is just an advertisement for the normal Creative Cloud subscription.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:42:14 am

Thanks.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:06:14 am

Even this is just for advertising purposes, having multiple, lower priced CC packages (like the CS suits of old) would be pretty cool. Hint, hint.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:20:03 am

[Andrew Kimery] "Even this is just for advertising purposes, having multiple, lower priced CC packages (like the CS suits of old) would be pretty cool. Hint, hint."

I just don't know what you could leave out without having useful apps fall to the wayside. Like Illustrator. I don't need Illustrator for day-to-day, but if I don't have access to it, then I can't deal with logos that are sometimes given to me as an Illustrator file.

I prefer being able to deal with whatever format is sent my way without needing to send it back to the client and have it converted into some other format, which is often wrought with difficulty.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:43:05 am

[Gary Huff] "I just don't know what you could leave out without having useful apps fall to the wayside."

I'm not suggesting leaving anything out, I'm just suggesting to have price tiers, just like they did during the CS era. If you want everything you can pay $50/mo for the Master Collection (CC as it is now) but lets say for $35/mo you could subscribe to the Production Premium plan or the Web & Design Plan.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Feb 20, 2014 at 7:32:21 pm

Yes It would be great with video specific subscriptions, but I would like to see Audition included.

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:17:11 am

For reference, the CS Production premium suite included:

PR
AE
AU
ME
PS
IL
SG
EN
FL
BR

I cant conceive of a new CC "video" version that didn't include those apps. If they restrict it to 3 apps no one will rent it. As Gary implies, may as well subscribe to the whole product line up.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:31:06 am

Don't leave out Prelude!

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:56:06 pm

I like Chris' list. Have to have Prelude and Indesign. I can live without Flash and Encore since I have the CS6 version. So 10 apps central to my work. But then I would need Lightroom too. So make that 11. And I've been tempted to do some things in Muse lately just haven't had time. So that's 12. How 'bout you just make them all available? I know I won't use them all, but 12 is a lot anyway. I'll give you $4 per app per month. Deal?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]