FORUMS: list search recent posts

How many installs for CC for teams?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
How many installs for CC for teams?
on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:47:36 am

Hey guys,

With CS6 and CC you get two installs per seat. Do you get 2 installs per seat of CC Teams as well?

Thanks

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: How many installs for CC for teams?
on Feb 4, 2014 at 4:21:39 pm

Yes

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:46:45 pm

Are you sure? I believe Teams only get 1 workstation installation per license and you buy according to the total number of seats. But you get more cloud file storage than an individual account.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:49:00 pm

Info here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/teams.html?kw=semoverview

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:00:55 pm

I've seen conflicting information in threads on Adobe's website. I know better than to call and ask.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:05:43 pm

I have 2 x Teams licensing, and we install on 2 x 2 computers. Since we┬┤re only 2 users, I think it is OK.

Adobe CC, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:24:38 pm

As far as I am aware, each seat is linked to one individual user.

That one individual user may install and use it on two machines. To activate on another machine, one of the two existing installations must be deactivated for that person.

One installation of CC is not supposed to be used by any other user except the one that is is linked to. This is important: seats cannot be used by multiple persons on the same machine.

This is rather inconvenient if you happen to work with external freelancers - they are not supposed to work with the existing CC licenses/seats in your company, and you will have to activate a new CC license for each freelancer, even if they only work a week for you. You will then have to pay for one additional seat for one month.

At least, that is how it is written in Adobe's legal writings (which are very confusing, and support staff seems to contradict each other on a regular basis on the Adobe forums).

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:28:40 pm

Thanks for the insight guys. I think they need to figure teams out a little more. It looks like when we need to add a user I'll just pick up an additional seat of regular CC till this makes a little more sense.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Feb 5, 2014 at 7:56:42 am

Both installations of same seat can be active at the same time - e.g. making it possible to render on one machine while you capture on another.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Feb 5, 2014 at 8:48:28 pm

Yes - my question is: as far as I can tell from what I understand from the legal stuff is that only the same individual, to whom that seat is licensed to, can operate both machines, and no other person. True?

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:24:58 pm

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-creative-cloud-teams-memb...

Check out this winner:

A seat is committed for 1 year or prorated to the anniversary. Therefore, you must maintain the committed number of seats until your anniversary date. If you have purchased your Creative Cloud for teams membership directly from Adobe.com, you can remove seats, however, a cancellation fee will be charged. Contact Adobe Customer Support for details.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Adobe could really take a cue from Office365. Microsoft has pretty much nailed the cloud rollout of their apps. Add / remove users as you need. It's really great.

Anybody know what the cost to cancel a seat is?

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:30:22 pm

Legally Adobe can't restrict each copy of CC to be only used by only the same person. In our case the software is installed in 2 suites, that multiple people have access to. We just need to make sure that there is a license for each concurrent user.

Return to posts index

Mike Chambers
on Feb 8, 2014 at 8:35:43 pm

Yes. You get 2 installs per seat with Creative Cloud for teams.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]