Hack Just Keeps Getting Worse!

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Huff
Hack Just Keeps Getting Worse!
on Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12:30 pm
Last Edited By Gary Huff on Dec 28, 2013 at 3:13:24 pm

Target confirms encrypted debit PIN data was stolen during hack

You'd never see Wal-Mart failing this hard at keeping our data safe!

What did Steinhafel know about this and when did he know it? And when will they finally fire this lame excuse for CEO?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Hack Just Keeps Getting Worse!
on Dec 28, 2013 at 6:06:43 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Dec 28, 2013 at 6:09:50 pm

Link is not working?

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Dec 31, 2013 at 2:03:17 am
Last Edited By Gary Huff on Dec 31, 2013 at 2:03:34 am

[David Mathis] "Link is not working?"

So weird. Here is the link:

Target confirms encrypted debit PIN data was stolen during hack

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Dec 31, 2013 at 7:09:57 am

Thank you. Not sure as to why the first link did not work. I ordered a new card just in case. To me prevention is way better than the cure. Card was a rush delivery and arrived a day late, probably do the holiday season. I actually had my bank account get hit even though I never activated the card. The transaction took place on the other side of the state at a Pizza Hut place. Not sure how that occurred but was able to get resolved quickly. Going to check my balance twice a day or when I make a purchase.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Dec 28, 2013 at 6:17:57 pm

It's interesting, Gary. When the story first broke - I think I saw it on ABC Nightly News - they talked about the "fact" that not only the card number, but also the 3 digit security codes and PIN are part of the information in the magnetic stripe on the card. After the first story broke, this was never mentioned in subsequent stories, until the last day or so.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 31, 2013 at 5:44:37 pm

[Gary Huff] "What did Steinhafel know about this and when did he know it? And when will they finally fire this lame excuse for CEO?"

Amen, brother!

I'll guess this is tongue-in-cheek, but a few rolling heads among CEOs might be just the thing Corporate America needs to wake up. Lord only knows they don't show consumers any compassion, why should we show them any?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Dec 31, 2013 at 9:03:12 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Lord only knows they don't show consumers any compassion, why should we show them any?"

I am going to start by shopping at the competition even though I really don't care for them either. It is not just the consumers who are affected by incompetent management, the employees are affected as well. Worked in retail before and not wanting to go back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]