FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative Cow update destroyed synced files

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
Creative Cow update destroyed synced files
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:49:18 am

Creative Cow App came up and asked to be updated - so I did, and now the syncing files tab says the option for syncing is "coming soon", and my synced files are lost ! Luckily I did not trust it to use it for real, and was just testing to see if it could replace Dropbox (not)...

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Creative Cow update destroyed synced files
on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:35:01 pm

How were you uploading files to a service that hasn't been implemented yet?

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Creative CLOUD update maybe?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:00:06 pm

I'm pretty sure you don't mean Creative COW, right? We made an app for Creative COW Magazine as an experiment years ago. We certainly never intended it to replace Dropbox -- nothing can -- and it was just an app to optimize reading our own PDFs. You couldn't upload anything, and we've never updated it since our little experiment back when apps first came out.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your problem...

Best,

Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Creative CLOUD update maybe?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:48:41 pm

Creative Cloud, not Creative COW. perhaps?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:51:42 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "and now the syncing files tab says the option for syncing is "coming soon", and my synced files are lost ! "

Presuming you mean Creative Cloud, are you sure this was working before? I've NEVER had anything other than "coming soon" in this tab. That's on Mac OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks) and everything current with the CC apps.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Dec 25, 2013 at 2:59:11 pm

Sorry - Creative Cloud of course - and yes the option to sync files did work before the last update.

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 25, 2013 at 5:57:01 pm

Odd that it was working for you, while it has never worked for me. Dennis has previously chimed in that it should be there. Clearly Cloud is still a work-in-progress.

Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:27:56 pm

Truly still work in progress! Now just as I am here to respond, the feature is back - informing that I have 9.78 Mb files in the Cloud. However when I click "view archive" it says "You have no archived files". Something is rotten in the state of Adobe...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:33:35 pm

That's very odd. All I see on my CC app under Files is "Coming Soon" with a button which says "Tell Me More"...there's been no functionality on mine since the beginning.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Dec 25, 2013 at 7:53:19 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I use the Cloud storage function almost automatically now. Always syncs for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]