FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has Adobe Premiere CC fulfilled your wish list requirements?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Tsangaris
Has Adobe Premiere CC fulfilled your wish list requirements?
on May 10, 2013 at 6:07:59 am

After following many threads here about the latest Premiere CC list of improvements, I have not found anything on this feature.
In Final Cut Pro 7 that we still use at my Work we are able to grab a Project File that is still in the Recording proses and import in a new Project for editing.
I was hoping that this feature is included PPCC7? It’s already pitched for CNN and other News T.V. Channels so this is a must Feature.
Maybe it’s on the list but was not mentioned yet.
BUT if it’s not it should be.

Terry

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Has Adobe Premiere CC fulfilled your wish list requirements?
on May 10, 2013 at 8:22:23 am

I take it you mean a "media file" that is recording?

In CS6, go to preferences and check "automatically refresh growing files" in the Media tab.

...and post Premiere Pro questions in the Premiere Pro forum for best results.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 10, 2013 at 12:17:18 pm

While many of us were allowed a sneak peek into the software, we are not able to talk about every single feature that we saw because as with any software release, features we saw may or may not be in the final release.

But because of the new delivery nature of Adobe Premiere Pro being direct via the Cloud, entire new features can be added very quickly, not just your standard bug fixes. That's what's going to be interesting about the new CC versions of the software, what you get on the day it releases will only be the starting point for moving forward. In effect, the software will almost be an organic thing, ever changing, ever improving instead of just locked down in a cycle of release today, wait 6 months to release anything else.

All I can say is you'll have to wait until June 17th unless someone from Adobe is allowed to comment directly on your feature request. If you have seen this touted as something that CNN is going to be using, well they were on stage at the Adobe booth at NAB making the announcement the entire company is moving to Premiere Pro so draw your own conclusions from that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Karl Soule
on May 10, 2013 at 1:51:50 pm

Premiere Pro CC does have support for certain growing files. (also sometimes called a "frame chase" feature.) As Tim mentioned, there's a preference for how often Premiere refreshes the link to the growing clip. The tail of the clip doesn't automatically extend, however - it's up to the editor to choose when to extend the tail of a growing file.

Karl Soule'
blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad
k soule (@) adobe (period) com
Twitter: karlsoule

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]