FORUMS: list search recent posts

Useless telephone support for licensing.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcus lyall
Useless telephone support for licensing.
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:34:10 pm
Last Edited By marcus lyall on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:04:16 pm

You would have though they would wait at least for you to license the software before offering useless telephone support.

On hold for 40 mins and counting at the moment.

Try online chat?

"Hi, there are 12 customer(s) in line ahead of you. We'll be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. "

All I want to do is correctly license the software I am paying £90 a month for.

Having held off from doing CC, I just thought that Premiere CC has got to be less buggy than CS6 and took the plunge. Having done it all right, I get asked for some serial number which is apparently a bug that you have to phone up about. It's a really crap user experience isn't it?

Speaking as someone who has used Adobe products for 18 years, and helped alpha test After Effects......

This is rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes to talk to someone is well beyond useless.

Update.

An hour and 5 mins to get through.
No apology.
"We have a high call volume."

No shit Sherlock...

Spoke for 2 mins. Put back on hold. Still waiting.

Transferred to Adobe CC for Teams.

Operator picked up. Then the line went dead.
An hour and ten minutes of my life wasted trying to license something I ALREADY OWN.

You have got to be joking.
£90 a month for this?

What happened Adobe?

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
Re: Useless telephone support for licensing.
on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:24:14 pm

I can imagine the frustration.

You should see the Adobe CC Facebook page, remarkably high numbers of people saying the same thing, same experience, day in and day out.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:44:26 pm

What happened to Adobe? How could a company on the top of the world get so crummy in such a short time? How could the leadership start making such bad decisions?

I work at a TV station. During the November ratings sweeps, the consultant sends out ideas for news stories. Today, one of the story ideas involved Adobe:

WHY YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO IGNORE LATEST BIG DATA BREACH – MSN Money explains why the Adobe data breach should concern everyone and what you should do to prevent ID theft.
http://money.msn.com/investing/post--why-you-cant-afford-to-ignore-latest-b...

Okay, the blurb refers to MSN, who I doubt is a close friend of Adobe's. But still, if this is something that Women 18-49 (a choice demographic group in TV) should be concerned about, it's no wonder that there's generalized freaking out on a variety of topics in this forum.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:58:04 pm

[Dave LaRonde] " Today, one of the story ideas involved Adobe:"

Frankly, I think you should stop paying the consultant if THAT'S what they recommended.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:32:07 am

To each his own, I guess.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:23:44 am

[Gary Huff] "Frankly, I think you should stop paying the consultant if THAT'S what they recommended."

Right. Sure. Except the following news outlets seem to see it differently:

ABC NEWS
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/adobe-hack-tip-iceberg/story?id=20905320

HUFFINGTON POST:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-levin/why-the-adobe-hack-scares_b_427706...

BUSINESS INSIDER:
http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-and-150-million-hacked-adobe-passwo...

BBC UK:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24925874

THE GUARDIAN
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/16/anonymous-fbi

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:25:27 am

[Chris Pettit] "Except the following news outlets seem to see it differently"

Great, they all have stories. Were these headlined on the front page? Did you notice that two of your links are the exact same column?

Hardly negates my point.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:19:32 pm

[Gary Huff] "Did you notice that two of your links are the exact same column?"

Sorry for the oversight. Here's another one to take the place of the duplicate:

NBC:
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/stolen-adobe-passwords-turn-web-security-...

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:23:01 am

Here's a story for you. Way more scary.

Hope you don't use Apple products...or don't use two-factor verification!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 21, 2013 at 8:25:47 am

[Gary Huff] "Here's a story for you. Way more scary."

and Gary's one man crusade to deflect attention away from one of worst security breaches in history continues

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:10:15 pm

[Steve Connor] "and Gary's one man crusade to deflect attention away from one of worst security breaches in history continue"

I am trying to divert attention away from knee-jerk reactions, people who apparently believe it's ridiculous to be asked to monitor their credit card statements and not use the same password on multiple sites, and terrible analogies.

I don't know what you think bringing attention towards your alleged "worst in history" security breach would do. What would you like to see happen? How many current CC subscribers do you want to see cancel their subscription? What do you want Adobe to say? "Hey, we fixed it!" Would you even believe that? Would you want explicit detail that a) you wouldn't understand anyway, and b) would give future hackers an idea of what method of attack they should try?

And I guess Apple gets a pass after a year? That was even the lowest form of hacking (social engineering). They claim they changed that, but are you sure that it can't happen again? I mean, it IS all of your data and online life that could potentially be access by a complete stranger who might just decide to wipe you clean. How many of you activated two-factor authentication on your Apple accounts after the story I linked? How many of you started selling off your Apple hardware after that story broke, or came here complaining about it?

See, I feel it's less about security and more about embarrassing the side you are situated against, mostly because of how little honest discourse about the situation I have see here. There's an apparent, "Hey this is great! Maybe, finally, Adobe will bow to the pressure and we'll get our way!" kind of attitude that underlines most of these posts. Even with this breach, if Adobe announced the return of perpetual licensing or that you get an archive after five years, how many here would immediately sign up?

And maybe Adobe will in the future...but to mostly be harping on this situation because you want to see some kind of archive or return to perpetual licensing is rather disingenuous if you don't care enough about your own security that you do the things I keep harping on.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Nov 21, 2013 at 3:28:38 pm

[Gary Huff] "Even with this breach, if Adobe announced the return of perpetual licensing or that you get an archive after five years, how many here would immediately sign up?"

I would. Immediately. My problem isn't with the security breach itself, even though it's very bad. My problem is with the arrogance of Adobe management trying to force a service provider model on their customers. If they want to be a service, they need to get their act together.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl
vimeo.com/dlawrence/albums

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Nov 28, 2013 at 3:44:47 am

I wouldn't even go for a five year out. Only a declining balance due at whatever time you want out for what used to be the Production bundle. I don't need all of the other software, and I need reliable access to my work now and in the near future, not five years from now. I'm not getting any younger, and I have a large backlog of archived video to edit reliably.

Hmmm... sounds a lot like a perpetual license. Rental? Never.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:27:20 pm

Hi Marcus,
Sorry you are experiencing these issues. I can understand why you might be frustrated.

Have agents contacted you yet? We have escalated your case, so you should be hearing from us soon, if you haven't heard already.

Feel free to contact me at kmonahan AT my company dot com if you are not getting the support you need.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

marcus lyall
on Nov 21, 2013 at 11:10:46 am
Last Edited By marcus lyall on Nov 21, 2013 at 11:52:52 am

Hi Kevin,

I have been contacted by your colleague. It's not now that I need the support.
It's when I phone up with a problem and get put on hold for over an hour. And then cut off.
It's when it takes me a further 2 hours on online chat to get to 'chat' to someone who actually understands the issue that I am having.
I can see from the forums that I'm not the only person to have had this issue with CC asking for a serial number. This is a BUG.

I get that Adobe need to triage their support to some degree.
But to have to 'chat' for 2 hours, endlessly repeating myself to explain a fairly resolvable issue... that is not adequate support.

We had a worse issue trying to get support for network rendering in AFX.
I think we actually gave up after 2 months of trying to solve a problem with Adobe tech support.

UPDATE:

Just going through my mail, I found an email from 2 days ago from Adobe closing my case.
This was from when I contacted Adobe support via email. Asked them about how to solve the same issue. Didn't hear back from them. Except that the case claims that:

Tuesday, 19 November 2013 21:16:59 o'clock GMT
You contacted us regarding the issue that your creative cloud asking for serial number while trying to launch.
you were able to activate it after editting the host file.
Live chat is available for 24hrs and 7days a week. Feel comfortable to contact us any time.

Only problem is that the first I'd heard about 'editting the host file' was last night in the 3 hr chat marathon. Not when Adobe claimed.

So thanks for sending me an email claiming to have solved the problem and closing the case when you didn't actually contact me at all.

If I hadn't used After Effects for twenty years, I'd be looking elsewhere.
At a company who can actually answer questions about the software they write.

Oh, and thanks for my free copy of Dreamweaver. I'll be sure to take up web design as a sideline.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Nov 21, 2013 at 8:56:04 pm

Marcus,
Sorry your experience wasn't great. You have my email. If you need further assistance with this issue, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

marcus lyall
on Nov 21, 2013 at 11:59:30 pm

Latest email from Adobe.

Hello Marcus,

I’m happy to hear that the issue was eventually resolved, but am sorry that we could solve it sooner. Unfortunately, I can’t listen to currently ongoing calls and intervene for those that are encountering long hold or wait times. We are also not able to answer all forum posts, but we try. We work to help people through as many channels as we can and some of them are faster than the others. While forums may see intuitively slower, they are often the fastest way to finding help because they may either already contain the answer to your question or for the fact that you are reaching out to a larger crowd.

Regards,
Brett

Let me unpick this quickly.
No apology for 1 hour long wait for phone support.
Then patronising advice about how posting comments like my original post "may see(m) intuitively slower".
Do you think I would have spent 4 hours on chat if I could find the answer online?

You know that Adobe PhoneGapBuild app that I seem to be renting?
Is that like an app that generates avatars that send inane replies to people or something?

Kevin, I don't have your email. You are social support lead . Why don't we just do this in a public forum like your colleague suggested in his last email?
While intuitively it may seem slower, they are often the fastest way to finding help because they may either already contain the answer to your question or for the fact that you are reaching out to a larger crowd.

Return to posts index

marcus lyall
on Nov 22, 2013 at 1:34:50 pm

OK I've calmed down a bit now.
And I've found the relevant post to solve the issue, which in retrospect, looks easy enough to find. Always easier in hindsight.
I think the problem here is that as a customer, I'm not being listened and that makes me feel very angry. And that's not conducive to IT problem-solving.

Adobe seem to be taking an Ikea approach. Basically, do it yourself.
An hour's wait on the phone? Standard.
3 hours on online chat to solve a problem? Standard.
If you have a problem, contact us, but you're talking to someone who's on the same knowledgebase you can find online. They are just speaking the words to you rather than you reading them on a webpage. Or just typing them into a chat window.
I get it. New rules.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:10:56 pm

Kevin - what would be very useful is a central "crash log" site -- Premiere Pro CC will be working like a charm for a long time and then something happens and i can't get it to stop crashing -- delete preferences, repair permissions (ONYX seems to do the trick a lot) it even frequently stumps the Pro Maintenance Tools App

A central - here's everything that can gunk up the works site - plug-in conflicts - odd render configurations etc. web site will save all of us a lot of time

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Nov 28, 2013 at 12:26:06 am

[Andy Field] "A central - here's everything that can gunk up the works site - plug-in conflicts - odd render configurations etc. web site will save all of us a lot of time
"

that kind of move would near be a sign of hope: If adobe acknowledged that they have meaningless support and started to try and construct intelligent solution pools.

lets all hold our breath for that one - while the entire company keeps degrading down into the end stage: no new software worth a damn, crazy starter deals, subscriber hungry, mentally tapped out rental model.

adobe barely even have a receptionist these days.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]