FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe security worries

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
al ellis
adobe security worries
on Nov 17, 2013 at 8:38:07 pm

so now they tell us that they think the hackers used adobes own systems to decrypt the card details- and that i should be vigilant.
bye bye creative cloud, i'm off.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: adobe security worries
on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:39:31 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:55:07 pm

Oh, just wait for Gary Huff.

He'll tell you that it's the normal course of things in today's world, that the operative phrase is "caveat emptor" -- never mind that you're not "empt"-ing anything, you're renting it -- and that How On God's Green Earth Can You Possibly Hold Adobe Responsible When Such Things Have Happened Before To Other Reputable Companies?

The fact that a hacker got in AT ALL is ample reason for concern. I in my humble position am well aware that nation-states (read: China) hack into corporate systems in the United States and elsewhere.

What concerns me the most is that Adobe is putting on a face that says, "Well, these things happen and we'll take care of it."

I don't believe those *((^*^%$%^$(&_(*^(^'s for a second.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 17, 2013 at 10:53:41 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "He'll tell you that it's the normal course of things in today's world, that the operative phrase is "caveat emptor""

It is and that phrase still holds true.

However, now that it's clear that Adobe didn't do their due diligence in protecting their servers from this kind of intrusion, it's fine to be upset with them for that.

Of course, most of the anger here is from non-CC subscribers, so it's not like Adobe is losing any additional money over this yet.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:11:25 am

[Gary Huff] "[Dave LaRonde] "He'll tell you that it's the normal course of things in today's world, that the operative phrase is "caveat emptor""

It is and that phrase still holds true.

However, now that it's clear that Adobe didn't do their due diligence in protecting their servers from this kind of intrusion, it's fine to be upset with them for that.

Of course, most of the anger here is from non-CC subscribers, so it's not like Adobe is losing any additional money over this yet."

Excellent point.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:00:54 pm

however the fact that they wrote a letter basically saying - hey, a thing we're not too sure about appears to have happened, it looks like lots of financial information was taken, you should probably look into it wouldn't exactly generate tons of trust for the prospective customer - that letter sounds nearly lackadaisical.

Its nearly like apple with maps - adobe are in a territory a mile outside of their basic competence - they are demanding monthly live hooks into my finances, and it sounds like they couldn't organise a secure financial transaction system piss up in a banking brewery.

they sound like feckless, badly prepared, not particularly bothered by it all morons.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]