FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ideas for Making Creative Cloud More Acceptable

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Ideas for Making Creative Cloud More Acceptable
on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:04:36 pm

The Cloud needs more value added. If it incorporates other services that we currently pay subscriptions for, it could be validated.

1. More storage space - 100GB with high speed file transfer services - if we could get the functionality of dropbox, hightail/yousendit and vimeo all rolled into one, we wouldn't have to pay for those services. I think Adobe has the power to swing this.

2. If Muse were made even more user friendly (along the lines of wix.com) that would be another tick in favour of paying for the cloud subscription. We wouldn't have to pay other website hosting companies.

3. Better tutorial programs - cut a deal with Lynda.com to have ALL of their Adobe videos on the Cloud.

4. Don't price gouge other countries or if you feel the need to do this, explain the reasons for it. Give people in other countries other incentives. The price for the cloud in the UK (£48.66 per month) is outrageous, especially for struggling freelancers in London.

5. Rent to own would be great. There has to be some way to sever ties. One can't marry Adobe FOREVER. What if you want a divorce? We need some sort of prenup. Maybe there can be an agreement that every 3 years adobe will allow you to own the version from 3 years prior and you will always be able to save out your projects as the version from 3 years prior. I think people would be willing to pay to be 3 years ahead of the curve, but knowing they have the freedom to exit cleanly if need be.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Ideas for Making Creative Cloud More Acceptable
on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:25:07 pm

I think if you go through all the old threads in this forum, you'll discover that all those ideas have been hashed over.

Quite a lot, in fact....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Oct 24, 2013 at 10:35:44 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I think if you go through all the old threads in this forum, you'll discover that all those ideas have been hashed over. "

yes, but it's always good to hear from other professionals who have come to the same conclusion.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:02:21 pm

And to add that these are all agreeable options. Still not sure I would be happy to hand over my account info for monthly withdrawals even with these concessions.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 25, 2013 at 5:34:44 pm

I'm with you there, Mr. Rubasch.
My metaphor is that I've faithfully been making my payments on the mortgage for several years. Then suddenly the bank says, "Sorry, from now on you'll be paying rent."

Huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:59:23 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Then suddenly the bank says, "Sorry, from now on you'll be paying rent.""

Aw, c'mon Dave, get with it. Rent is cheaper, lower monthly payments.

Plus when DoorBell® 2.0 is released you'll be upgraded right away with no extra cost. Not just door bells, but all your appliances will get frequent no-charge updates as long as your credit is good.

And if some nefarious group or individual breaches our security, gaining access to your personal data, we'll immediately send you an email so you can cancel your credit cards, inform your bank and protect your credit rating – since here you are on your own as far as we're concerned.

As a bonus when you stop paying rent we'll even give you a 6 month grace period before tossing you and your family out on the street.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Oct 28, 2013 at 1:47:14 am

[Dave LaRonde] "Then suddenly the bank says, "Sorry, from now on you'll be paying rent.""

They also keep all your furniture but let you make copies of them if you stop paying rent.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:23:30 pm

No they let you export a flat version of your bed, with no springs in it - and an unlayered bookshelf ; )

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Dustin Lawhorn
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:42:44 am

[Morten Ranmar] "No they let you export a flat version of your bed, with no springs in it - and an unlayered bookshelf ; )"

now, THAT was funny!

+1

-dl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]