FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe at Nasdaq

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Adobe at Nasdaq
on May 9, 2013 at 8:01:25 pm

At least my consolation prize is watching Adobe's stocks start to plummet, from $47.15 to $43.49 since Monday. Hopefully it'll keep going that way, I'd like to see how that drone of a CEO explains that to the stockholders.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
Re: Adobe at Nasdaq
on May 9, 2013 at 8:31:37 pm

I guess the real test will be after June 17.

Richard

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 9, 2013 at 9:02:11 pm

I think watching the stock price only has value from the 1000 ft view.

The CEO was interviewed on Bloomberg...stock is ampy...NASDAQ is down a bit overall...Microsoft and Apple are both down today as well.

The fallout from the decision will be more obvious after a quarter or two have passed. and a trend has developed vs these little 1 day fits and starts.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on May 9, 2013 at 10:47:52 pm

At the moment there is not much we can do except rant, kick a chair and punch the refrigerator. This will at most make adobe a little bit uneasy but the true test will be on and after the 17 of june. If Adobes user base does not massivly take to the CC then the stock will notice and so will adobe.

If we rant and take the special offer we are done for. Personally they could lower it to $10. and I will not show my approval by subscribing.

Richard

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 10, 2013 at 12:56:16 pm

Your rants won't have any effect on Adobe...your decision not to purchase certainly may...but if your contention is that Adobe has done all this to somehow hurt you, then there isn't much to talk about, is there?

Since we see Adobe already responding, it's clear they may have different intentions...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 10, 2013 at 6:34:21 pm

They could lower it to free, and I wouldn't. The subscription model is fundamentally flawed from the user POV. As Steve Jobs said about the concept regarding iTunes

“I think you could make available the Second Coming in a subscription model and it might not be successful.”

He was certainly right regarding iTunes. A few small subscription services for music have begun, but none come close to iTunes sales and acceptance. He got the fact that people want to own their music. And if you see most of the reactions to this Adobe change, they want to own their software as well. Subscription looks good when you start, but at some point becomes too expensive, and the end point is certainly not good. You end up with nothing. Your finished programs in another inflexible format at best. Not how I want to proceed.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]