FORUMS: list search recent posts

New survey

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Pettit
New survey
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:08:43 pm

For anyone who may not have gotten the email:

http://deploy.ztelligence.com/start/survey/survey_taking.jsp?PIN=16BNF7XX8D...

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: New survey rigged
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:45:42 pm

This is the same adobe survey. and again for the third time it doesnt let me finnish.

When i press close it does nothing. i guess it doesnt want to here my negative opinion of the cc.

So much for the survey.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:52:50 pm

Interesting. This one was sent out by Creative Cow. However, it looked to me like roughly the same survey as the one from Adobe, and obviously seeking information on tolerance levels for subscriptions and CC.

Even though I successfully filled out the Adobe version, the creative cow version let me finish as well.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:58:35 pm

Where you favorable to cc and adobe? i was favorble to adobe when not tied to cc and not at all to a cc subscription. when i hit close it just ignores the command. third time i have taken this same survey and it wont close. hmmmm

ricardo

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:26:56 pm

I told them I liked Adobe software, but that there was no way on God's Green Earth I would subscribe to CC.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:26:59 pm

I was favorable to Premiere, decidedly NOT favorable to any question regarding subscriptions or CC broadly

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:49:00 pm

For what it's worth, the survey crapped out on me a couple of times, hanging when going to the next section. I waiting a bit, hit the Back key, then it worked ok.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:38:42 am

I was able to fill it out early a.m., so maybe it bombed due to the throngs of souls voicing their opinions. :)

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:53:57 pm

Sorry to hear that. I'd try another machine or another browser. It's worth it to say, "No, I have no intention of using Creative Cloud".

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: New survey
on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:52:33 pm

Well, that was worth the five minutes it took. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Oct 16, 2013 at 3:02:12 am

Just for the record i tried on another computer and apparently it went through.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:57:08 pm

Was not in favor of any part of CC but was able to complete the survey with no issues.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:56:48 pm

me too - said what everyone says - premiere is a monster that interests me madly, the lockout subscription is a source of real concern going forward.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 17, 2013 at 2:30:50 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "premiere is a monster that interests me madly,"

It is indeed. I'm cutting a large Sizzle on it, and it is fab. It would be swell if they got this CC thing worked out.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:20:05 am

I am interested in Premiere as well but given the current state of CC and the recent security issues, FCP X is the only option for me. To me the subscription model feels like a monster of a monopoly devouring unsuspecting victims in its path.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:45:06 am

[David Mathis] " am interested in Premiere as well but given the current state of CC and the recent security issues, FCP X is the only option for me. To me the subscription model feels like a monster of a monopoly devouring unsuspecting victims in its path."

Well, it doesn't feel that way to me, but there you go. Have you thought about Avid? I find Media Composer 7 to be quite good as well. X just isn't full feature enough for me, though who knows, maybe the coming upgrade will do. Have you thought about Pr 6? I prefer that to X as well.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:42:36 pm

[Chris Harlan] "Have you thought about Avid? I find Media Composer 7 to be quite good as well. X just isn't full feature enough for me, though who knows, maybe the coming upgrade will do. Have you thought about Pr 6?"

Will consider CS6 but after the recent security issue just a slight bit concerned about going that direction.

As to FCP X, will agree with you there. A few things have been brought back but still needs a bit of work for it to be competitive. We shall see when the new version comes out. I am a pessimistic optimist.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:48:54 pm

[David Mathis] " I am a pessimistic optimist."

There's a big point release coming in X, possibly quite soon, maybe next week, and certainly by the time the new Mac Pro is shipping. So maybe that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]