FORUMS: list search recent posts

Message to Adobe

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Message to Adobe
on Oct 5, 2013 at 8:11:23 am

I have been a CC subscriber practically since day 1, you have not managed to keep my data secure on your servers so I have had to cancel my current credit card. I will NOT be giving you my card details again until you have convinced me that you are capable of keeping my data secure, or you give me an alternative way to pay for your service that does not involve card retention.

I'm happy with CC, I'm very unhappy with your data security.

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: Message to Adobe
on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:43:30 am

CS6 works pretty darn well, and during all the hacking and reseting of credit cards, all CS6 and previous OWNERS were able to just work and not lose any time. Ya know, cuz we "own" and do not keep our credit card info on their servers.... :) Just sayin... :) Golly, I'm glad I don't rent!

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:37:51 pm

[Tim Vaughan] "CS6 works pretty darn well, and during all the hacking and reseting of credit cards, all CS6 and previous OWNERS were able to just work and not lose any time. Ya know, cuz we "own" and do not keep our credit card info on their servers.... :) Just sayin... :) Golly, I'm glad I don't rent!"

While I respect your opinion on CC and I do not want to justify or defend this security breach in any way, this is not accurate.

If you bought that copy of CS6 from Adobe online, your information may have been compromised. This hack did not just affect CC accounts specifically. 2.9 million accounts were compromised, and there are not yet that many CC subscribers.

CC subscribers did not lose work or time as a result of this breach. CC continued functioning normally.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Oct 17, 2013 at 12:49:21 pm

Just having fun, Walter, just having fun :)

Regardless, a past lesson learned is I always do my best to make sure the "store my credit card info for faster future purchases" is always unchecked. :) It doesn't mean that I won't get compromised, but it just makes it a little harder.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]