FORUMS: list search recent posts

What a wonderful world

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rainer Schubert
What a wonderful world
on Oct 4, 2013 at 6:44:33 pm

Making an image disaster an image catastrophe by an Hacker attack to user data and software code (known since Mid August - now we are informed...).
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/10/adobe-to-announce-source-code-customer-d...
(Btw: Credit card informations, which are discussed most here, are not the main problem. The hacker were able to modify the Programs itself & Adobe still isn´t able to tell how exactly (They don´t know them selfes, yet). So the hackers may have modified the software itself and nobody knows, what they can do with this. So we can say: Not only Updates are delivered very fast in future - also viruses and other nice gifts)

Adobe CEOs selling out their stack like hell.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=adbe

Adobe not reaching Revenue targets (self estimated and markets estimation, because they have to give it away with discounts, cause most users will else not sell their souls), but mollifying with a million subscribers (who where forced by killing the cloud as an option & end of discounts for old users)...

A web community, which is 80% totally against this cloud BS.

Horrible user-forums & -storrys on Adobes own Web-sites...
(May be the attack was possible, because all employees are busy with mollifying disappointed customers, answering all the questions in the cloud forums...)

I had to change my credit card today, as I was informed by Adobe too.
Also had to check all Passwords under the mail-account, for all the web-services I´m using. Very amused about. Thanks Adobe! Do you like to pay a little monthly fee to me, for all this? Now and in future?

Also had a call today with my Software Selling- & Service- Company, heard how they hate all this Cloud hype. How they hate the Cloud World (of Adobe, Apple and all the others) to help in case of problems - as they have no software on disks any more and have to download (in case of problems) and download and download...

Already had a new client, who said he would not work together with my company, if I´m in or planning to be in the cloud.

I think, Adobe and all this Cloud-Hype companies want us to deliver our lives to them.
It´s to difficult to sniff it.

And by all that: Adobes Stock went up 1.19% today (at the moment)
I really don´t understand that.

Once again: Make CS6 the XP of Adobe.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: What a wonderful world
on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:08:46 pm

whats making adobes stock climb is not cc but their marketing cloud and the neolane product these account for their profits cc is pulling them down

ricardo

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:24:04 pm

So there is hope I can buy adobes creative department one day for 1$?

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Oct 4, 2013 at 9:57:26 pm

[Rainer Schubert] "Also had a call today with my Software Selling- & Service- Company, "

hey rainer - that sounds terrible man - they are a berlin crowd? which ones? they are selling you software?
I worked in Berlin a bit - who are you dealing with?

[Rainer Schubert] "as they have no software on disks any more and have to download (in case of problems) and download and download..."

your software and services crowd you mentioned there are downloading the stuff their end? that sounds rough?

[Rainer Schubert] "I had to change my credit card today, as I was informed by Adobe too. "

that's really bad.

[Rainer Schubert] "Already had a new client, who said he would not work together with my company, if I´m in or planning to be in the cloud. "

nothing like that is happening over here. no one is saying anything like that. what company are you working for? Advertise sure! eyeballs :)

sure I'm sticking weblinks at the bottom - no harm to let people know the stuff you're about. free publicity :)

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Oct 5, 2013 at 12:07:31 am

[Aindreas Gallagher]"[Rainer Schubert] "Also had a call today with my Software Selling- & Service- Company, "
hey rainer - that sounds terrible man - they are a berlin crowd? which ones? they are selling you software?
I worked in Berlin a bit - who are you dealing with?

No, not Berlin. It´s regional here near Nuremberg. These guys are selling hard- and software and are also trouble-shouters. He told me, in former times they had a case with all the CDs & DVDs with all the Software and Systems needed, when they try to solve an clients problem at his local office.
Tooday everything is download-able or only available by download only (like all the S+++ in App Store of Apple).
So they are not able to solve many problems without loading software at the clients location. And that´s boring.
But naturaly resellers don´t like Adobes way of distribution.

[Rainer Schubert] "as they have no software on disks any more and have to download (in case of problems) and download and download..."
your software and services crowd you mentioned there are downloading the stuff their end? that sounds rough?

Did above answer this too?

[Rainer Schubert] "I had to change my credit card today, as I was informed by Adobe too. "
that's really bad.

True. But changing Passwords at all the Mail-Account-related Website-Services was much harder.

[Rainer Schubert] "Already had a new client, who said he would not work together with my company, if I´m in or planning to be in the cloud. "
nothing like that is happening over here. no one is saying anything like that. what company are you working for? Advertise sure! eyeballs :)
sure I'm sticking weblinks at the bottom - no harm to let people know the stuff you're about. free publicity :)"

This client, who asked for services the first time, is a company which is offering secure financial plans for you if becoming an old man (No doubt how to explain in english...). An kind of insurance.
After we introduced and say hello, one of his first questions was, if I´m in the cloud. I said the truth and was a litte bit afraid what comes up next. Then he said "that´s good, because elsewise we couldn´t work together". In summary they are totally pissed of the cloud and fee based licensing. They now want to assure, that the companies, they are working with, don´t create compatibility-problems.

What we are working on? Almost 3D Design (mostly technical for the Energy Branche or Architectural Visualizations), Also Graphic Design (nearly everything which is printed on paper), a little bit Web & Video (mostly technical illustrations, fair trailers and other little projects). Clients are very mixed.

What means Eyeballs?
(If I find the time, may be, one day, I will complete my profile - and you will find Links here too. For the moment I´m bussy with fighting against the evil)

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Oct 5, 2013 at 1:50:09 am

[Rainer Schubert] "What means Eyeballs?
(If I find the time, may be, one day, I will complete my profile - and you will find Links here too. For the moment I´m bussy with fighting against the evil)
"

hey rainer, the question on eyeballs a good question. eyeballs mostly relating to good stuff -people sharing work they have done type thing?

but what eyeballs mean basically is sharing - if that sense you to make?

verifiable links good for chats? you have name close to a notable german journalist? bad googling on my part.

so you are based in nuremberg? share some work rainier! ;)

I'm trying to figure out if I know someone in that town!

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Oct 8, 2013 at 11:01:36 pm

[Rainer Schubert] "And by all that: Adobes Stock went up 1.19% today (at the moment)
I really don´t understand that.
"

It's an age old relationship. It has a name, where the owner rents his property. It's very very profitable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]