FORUMS: list search recent posts

.Adobe CC deletes user's cloud and local data: 10GB of data gone

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herbert van der wegen
.Adobe CC deletes user's cloud and local data: 10GB of data gone
on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:28:52 pm

Just goes to show that you have to backup you files ESPECIALLY when using Adobe's "cloud".
Have to hand it to Adobe, though: they succeeded where no virus succeeded before: removing all the local work files on a Mac.

CC kinda "lost" it, and decided to delete all this guy's company files. Both on the cloud AND locally!

I cannot find the entry on Facebook anymore - seems like Adobe decided to remove it.

Maciej Ka
JUST LOST ALL MY CLOUD & HDD FILES OUT OF NOWHERE!

Here's the deal. I've been adding file a file to my Id book project, and as you know automatically it updates the page numbers, so Id has to open every file and update them. My CC Desktop app was running in the background and synchronizing the files on the file. I must add, that I did the exact thing over a hundred times and any problem didn't occur.

And as CC Desktop updated my ID files from that very book, it also DELETED ALL MY OTHER FILES FROM THE CLOUD AND MY HDD! 10 gb od data! WTF. I can't find them on my local HDD and on the CC website.

I called the Polish tech support, one guy was absolutely terrified, said that it cannot be undone and while I was politely telling him, that this is an outrage and wtf are we paying for, he decided to hung up... Like, seriously?! The other guy I called minute later didn't know how InDesign works and what that whole synchronization really is. He replied "I don't use Adobe CC Desktop app, so I don't know how that works". And he was quite rude.

Adobe, seriously? Like, SERIOUSLY?!

I am a premium CC for teams customer and I just lost 10gb of my company's data. Only solution I see here: I suppose that you do automatic backups of all your server data every couple of days (if you don't, than you're quite stupid and I want my money back), so I would like to get the last backup data back to my CC cloud folder.

Please do something about this, because this is simply absurd.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: .Adobe CC deletes user's cloud and local data: 10GB of data gone
on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:35:22 am

I recommend taking this to the Adobe Creative Cloud and/or InDesign forum, where someone from Adobe who knows those areas can help:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

http://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Sep 7, 2013 at 11:22:59 am

...can help, if he/she understood, what you want/need.
Sometimes.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Sep 7, 2013 at 11:25:10 am

no its fine here - gets a little visibility and points out that you can't run services to save your life apparently.

Also you seem not to have noticed he was posting on behalf of another user, who's post adobe deleted from their FB page.

Anyway - how are the subscriptions going? got any numbers? the latest crazy pricing move seems really desperate. Are you guys getting desperate yet?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
The cashless cloud
on Sep 7, 2013 at 2:44:54 pm

With This offer they can probably make the subscription numbers and keep a kool face to wall street but it will be a sour victory case it will me a cashless cloud.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: The cashless cloud
on Sep 7, 2013 at 3:38:48 pm

hey there ricardo - stupid question - where do you work? are you mostly an editor?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: The cashless cloud
on Sep 8, 2013 at 12:57:16 am

For about half a year I work for the federal Gov. (USA) as a videographer editor documenting and creating informational pieces for web and dvd distribution. The rest of the year I do event and long form tv commercials (shoot,edit)and every so often i do 1 hour drama or comedy content for the local public television. My background is being line producer and show runner for "telenovelas" But I have been editing for about 12 years staring with an ab roll 3/4 system then edit* then Cinegy, Liquid and for the last 3 years adobe but if they dont get their act together i will most likely jump to fcpx.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Sep 7, 2013 at 4:28:23 pm

Is this an ongoing pattern or a single case of something gone wrong? Sucks for this person, but if this is an isolated case, then we'd have to know all the factors in what happened.

But if hundreds of folks are coming forward, well then there's a real issue that Adobe needs to address. Any info on a pattern developing?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Southeast Creative Summit, Oct 25-27. Register Now! Save with code: creat...
Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Sep 8, 2013 at 6:56:46 pm

[walter biscardi] "Is this an ongoing pattern or a single case of something gone wrong? Sucks for this person, but if this is an isolated case, then we'd have to know all the factors in what happened."

I agree. This is, frankly, hearsay. Could just as easily been PEBKAC as anything. Until there are direct, firsthand reports of this sort of thing happening, I wouldn't have even bothered wasting my time posting this.

After all, pretty sure you can find similar reports concerning Dropbox, but so far it's been a solid utility for my business.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Sep 9, 2013 at 2:41:02 am

What on the internet isn't hearsay? Nobody is editing me or you, eh? Certainly worth a follow up.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Sep 9, 2013 at 12:46:41 pm

[Jim Wiseman] "What on the internet isn't hearsay?"

When people claim a first-person experience that didn't happen. Then it's just lying.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Sep 9, 2013 at 5:44:05 am

I found the original post on Adobe's Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud/posts/700397613310484

Adobe is working on resolving the problem.

The only reason why I posted this is obvious: don't trust online backup solutions to do all the work for you, and make sure to setup a regular local backup as well.

I still feel this should not have happened, though. I can understand hiccups where your current file or part of your current and latest files might be affected, but not ALL your local files, as well as the ones on "the cloud". And other users have reported missing files on their CC cloud as well, just not on this scope.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]