FORUMS: list search recent posts

All CC APPS reverted back to trial mode

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Swets
All CC APPS reverted back to trial mode
on Aug 27, 2013 at 4:38:39 pm

I own CS6 Production Premium. I signed up with Adobe CC in May 2013. Why?
Well, Over the years I trusted Adobe to do what they said. Deliver value being one of them.
I kept all my commercial editing projects within CS6. Why?
Premiere dynamic linking with Encore.
No phoning "home" for activation (for security reasons my production computers are NOT on the internet.)
Yesterday morning I went online for some Windows maintenance updates. There was an update to the Adobe CC Application Manager. Later in the day I went back to work on that computer (off the internet). Surprise: All CC Application had reverted back to Trial Mode.
Thank God, CS6 applcations worked, and my latest project on Premiere is on CS6, not CC.
This behavior is unacceptable. Can I bill Adobe for lost production time? (not according to their license agreement)
I do not want to deal with the useless Adobe Help desk.
What I want, Kevin and Todd, is cancel my CC subscription without any more payments (Sep 2012-April 2013)How do I do that.

Return to posts index

Brandon Cordy
Re: All CC APPS reverted back to trial mode
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:45:36 pm

Did you run any of the applications after the update completed?

I believe that, after an update to the Creative Cloud Application Manager, you have to open at least one of the apps and let it relink for its registration info, That has been my experience at least upon opening one of the applications, it behaves as if it's being opened for the first time again after such an update.

Return to posts index

Hans Swets
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:05:06 pm

Brandon,
I signed in to CC Could today, to check if the APPS were working properly. They did, but I every single one had the license agreement pop up.
But the issue is that they reverted to trial mode while offline. When I take the effected computer again offline, will they revert back to trial mode? This is not a workable model

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:07:18 pm

[Hans Swets] "I signed in to CC Could today, to check if the APPS were working properly. They did, but I every single one had the license agreement pop up. But the issue is that they reverted to trial mode while offline. When I take the effected computer again offline, will they revert back to trial mode? This is not a workable model"

I've seen the license agreement pop up after updates, but I'm not sure that's not the same as reverting to trial mode. Did you have to log back in again, or just accept the agreement?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Brandon Cordy
on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:58:47 pm

In my experience, no. I just have to make sure I open the updated programs (or all fo them if the Application Manager was updated) in order to re-accept the licensing agreement.

I use my laptop offline a lot of the time and have no issues opening Ps.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:32:10 pm

Hi Hans,
This doc may be useful to solving your problem: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

If you do want to cancel your subscription, you need to contact support. If you have trouble canceling, let me know and I'll escalate the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Hans Swets
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:35:00 pm

Kevin, I want to cancel as of September 1st, WITHOUT any more payments. Is there an option for that?

Return to posts index

Hans Swets
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:41:36 pm

Per Adobe Agreement
If you cancel your plan, you will lose access to certain features of your Creative Cloud membership, including certain applications, a higher level of services, and additional cloud storage. At the end of your current paid month, September 7, 2013, your membership will revert to a free membership, and you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation, as outlined in our billing terms

Adobe CC subscription has not delivered their part of the agreement: working APPS. If Adobe refuses to let me out of the agreement, is that grounds for sueing?

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:29:23 pm

[Hans Swets] "Adobe CC subscription has not delivered their part of the agreement: working APPS. "

After a round of updates, the license agreement pops up...I think that's "as designed"...it has been typical for me. My access to the software has never been affected because of it. Every new feature set probably necessitates an acceptance of the user agreement.

It doesn't sound like you actually went back into trial mode as you assumed, so I don't see where the breach of the agreement is...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Hans Swets
on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:45:06 pm

Kevin, please read my posts carefully.
I wrote the following:CC APPs reverted to trial mode, NOT CS APPS.
The article you refer to, deals with CS6

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:42:18 pm

[Hans Swets] "The article you refer to, deals with CS6"

The article is also for Creative Cloud apps. Give it a shot.

[Hans Swets] Kevin, I want to cancel as of September 1st, WITHOUT any more payments. Is there an option for that?

I would contact customer service and see what they can do for you. If you have trouble with that, let me know and I'll escalate the issue for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]