FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Creative Crisis- It keeps asking for activation now.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Daugherty
Adobe Creative Crisis- It keeps asking for activation now.
on May 9, 2013 at 4:49:30 pm

It keeps asking for activation now.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4401223

WARNING : Creative Cloud activation is bunk? or is it just me...
May 12, 2012 10:24 AM

It was working for a day, then it stopped working.

It keeps asking for activation now.

I activate then it fails, tells me I have it installed on more than one computer.

I install Pshop for the first time, same error
I install Premiere for the first time, same error
How do I have it installed on more than one computer if i'm installing it for the first time...

Contacted support on the first day, the agent tells me to wait 3 days...that line must go over well for people who have deadlines and where everday/hour counts to meeting deadlines.

I got to get stuff done, and find this is BS, so I contact support again a day later...

First agent basically wasted my time for 30 mins. If the agent doesn't know how to solve the problem, they should stop pretending.

Second agent was atleast honest and transferred me to a 3rd agent.

Third agent tells me that the servers are overloaded and to try in two hours...

I'm thinking he just wants me off of chat to lower his handle time.

The system is flawed and needs to be fixed. Waiting 3 days because this or that is bunk...issue may or maynot even be resolvable in 3 days I may SOL for much longer...good thing it's the weekend, but still some people have dead lines to meet.

If adobe is going to use a activate/deactivate option then they should emulate daemon-tools. I haven't used that software for a while, but as I remember it they had a very nice system that doesn't INCONVENIENCE their customers.

- Users go to a website, and manage their own activations.

- They can see which computers are activated

- They can see which computers are no longer activated

- They can activate or deactivate on the website.

- With the current adobe system, I can't even see which computers are activated

- The only way to manage activate/deactivate is by loading the software and doing it from the help menu...I can't even get to the help menu because I'm stuck at the activation screen.

James Daugherty
President SDMVPUG.com
San Diego Mac Video Production User Group

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Adobe Creative Crisis- It keeps asking for activation now.
on May 9, 2013 at 4:55:00 pm

Perhaps it will help your case if you don't post threads from a year ago.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Adobe Creative Crisis- resolved a year ago
on May 9, 2013 at 5:16:24 pm

James,

You do know that the Adobe forum thread you linked to was resolved on May 14...2012, right?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 9, 2013 at 5:26:59 pm

James, really. Read the thread that you just posted. The problem was a combination of VMware and two versions of the suite installed at the same time on the same machine. Its a nightmare recipe for any licensing scheme. AND the post is a year old.

This is a big change. You have legitimate concerns. But, the more you run around crying wolf and shouting about lawsuits, the more damage you do to the case you are trying to make. Do yourself a favor and take a breath or two.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on May 9, 2013 at 6:07:34 pm

[Chris Harlan] "You have legitimate concerns. But, the more you run around crying wolf and shouting about lawsuits, the more damage you do to the case you are trying to make. Do yourself a favor and take a breath or two."

^^ This. Well said Chris.

@Jim The sky is not falling. CS6 will work fine for several more years giving you time to evaluate the CC or you can jump to another NLE (Sony, Autodesk, Avid, etc). I'm guessing you're still healing from the FCP7-->FCPX switch a few years ago. I know I am, but just like in that switch it makes absolutely no difference how loud the users yell, scream, blog, post forum messages, or sign online petitions. Adobe, like Apple in 2011, sees the direction it wants to go with its software (for better or worse) and it's going there. Period. End of story. Any feedback you hope to have heard should be directed to Adobe's feedback forum as Walter B has routinely sited.

I think there's a legitimate discussion to have surrounding perpetual licenses vs. subscription models. But those discussions shouldn't involve class action lawsuits, Adobe being a greedy evil child kidnapping corporation, or any of the FUD links that keep getting passed around. In the end, Adobe has moved their model to a subscription. Our choice as users is a simple one: go with them or leave. It was like that with Apple a few years ago, and it's essentially the same now with Adobe. I'm guessing in about a few months this will all be history and everybody will move on....just like we did in 2011.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Tim Dowse
on May 9, 2013 at 9:27:23 pm

I'm guessing in about a few months this will all be history and everybody will move on....just like we did in 2011.

Hehehehe... The FCP-X or Not: The Debate forum is still going strong!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]