FORUMS: list search recent posts

I won't be sucked in - until I ABSOLUTLY have no choice.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Sollenberger
I won't be sucked in - until I ABSOLUTLY have no choice.
on Aug 3, 2013 at 1:42:29 am

I said months ago I want to own the tools of my trade - not rent them. And for the Jackwagons out there that want to tell me I never owned the software - I bought a perpetual license - yes, yes, yes I know this.
And the option of a perpetual license is close enough to owning for me - and a hell of a lot better than the CC model - which is rent to never own your own work.

With CS6 I can open work I've done a decade ago, revise it, export it, and use it - without being sucked into a monthly subscription. CC takes that option away from me - and that's an absolute deal breaker - not to mention a slap in every creative professional's face who is smart enough to realize it.

I don't want to rent the cameras I shot video and stills with - I don't want to rent my computers, my tripods, my lights, or my software!

If I can't by a perpetual license from Adobe like I used to - I'll run CS6 until the cows come home if I must. And some day I may have to give in - or maybe an alternative will surface from a new company. But until that day comes - Adobe can pound sand.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: I won't be sucked in - until I ABSOLUTLY have no choice.
on Aug 3, 2013 at 4:51:39 pm

[Carl Sollenberger] "If I can't by a perpetual license from Adobe like I used to - I'll run CS6 until the cows come home if I must. And some day I may have to give in - or maybe an alternative will surface from a new company. But until that day comes - Adobe can pound sand.
"

A shame because you're definitely missing out on the best version of Adobe Premiere Pro I've ever seen, particularly after that recent 25 new feature update. Much faster and the overall operation is much more efficient now that the timeline and overall workflow has been streamlined.

But if you want to "own" you should seriously look at the Avid $999 Media Composer. MC7 is supposedly a hell of an upgrade from MC6 and you can own the software.

As for opening your projects later without Adobe, just export XMLs so you have options to open elsewhere. Best!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Aug 4, 2013 at 8:54:18 am

Sorry Walter but to have paid all that money, only to be able to open the basic edit via XML is not a useful workflow.

I thinks it's time Adobe offered a solution or at least responded to the backlash, rather than everyone else speculating.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:19:28 pm

forget about adobe, and switch to a different software like Smoke, MC, Motion etc. We still work with a ten years old Photoshop version - still okay. I personally think that CC is a industry rip off, keeping people dependent on whatever Adobe wants to do. What happens if your internet goes down?

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:51:07 pm

[Rainer Wirth] "forget about adobe, and switch to a different software like Smoke, MC, Motion etc."

These are all very different options from the Adobe ecosystem, but they are all options worth considering if CC is not right for you.

[Rainer Wirth] "What happens if your internet goes down?"

Nothing, unless your Internet goes down and stays down for 99 days, in which case you probably have additional problems -- I know I would!

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]