FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance with Creative Cloud issues.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Monahan
Assistance with Creative Cloud issues.
on May 9, 2013 at 4:03:16 pm

Hi,
We have a debate forum and no regular forum for Creative Cloud? Too bad. I'd like to request one.

It would be cool to have a forum for Creative Cloud questions too. "The Debate" indicates that people are here to debate the CC subscription service and might not not get help for their Creative Cloud related issues.

In lieu of its absence, you can go to the Creative Cloud forum at adobe.com if you can't find assistance here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

I'll stand by for any questions you might have, but if I'm not online, here's our Creative Cloud FAQ: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Assistance with Creative Cloud issues.
on May 9, 2013 at 5:03:34 pm

Thanks Kevin - I may be way off base here, but it would seem to me that there are few issues with people using the Cloud at this point -maybe it's just that they're going through the Adobe channels. What would be really nice here is to make public a chart which makes clear the level of user "incidents" and problems as opposed to the total number of users. This might put some of the fear and anger to rest - although it might not...

One other thing which I've mentioned in a couple of posts, but never got a clear answer from an Adobe Rep: Once the Cloud subscription is installed and licensed, does the installation software live on my computer, or in the Cloud? I ask this because I'm in an area which often loses its' web access (very rural), and I would want the capability to do a re-install (if such problems arose) without waiting for a connection. Thanks.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 9, 2013 at 7:34:12 pm

[Joseph W. Bourke] "What would be really nice here is to make public a chart which makes clear the level of user "incidents" and problems as opposed to the total number of users. This might put some of the fear and anger to rest - although it might not..."

I'm not sure what you mean Joseph. Release our support incident reports? If so, I probably could not do that as it's confidential. I could probably create a blog post about common troubleshooting questions or something like that. Would that work?

[Joseph W. Bourke] "Once the Cloud subscription is installed and licensed, does the installation software live on my computer, or in the Cloud? I ask this because I'm in an area which often loses its' web access (very rural), and I would want the capability to do a re-install (if such problems arose) without waiting for a connection. Thanks."

From the FAQ: You will need to be online when you install and license your software. If you have an annual membership, you'll be asked to connect to the web to validate your software licenses every 30 days. However, you'll be able to use products for 3 months (99 days) even if you're offline.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 9, 2013 at 7:44:23 pm

Hi Kevin -

Thanks for your response - no - not release your support incident reports. Release a chart showing the numbers, comparing, say, problems with the software (incidents), as compared to total users. This might give people on the forum a chance to see what the total complaints/problems are compared to total users.

As for the second question, it was a hypothetical situation in which, say, I am subscribed, and I have a crash with After Effects, which requires me to re-install, but I'm offline, because my web connection is down. Does the installer for the software live on my local computer so that I can recover without waiting for my web access to come back, and would I have to totally re-download the software to re-install?

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 9, 2013 at 11:36:19 pm

[Joseph W. Bourke] "Release a chart showing the numbers, comparing, say, problems with the software (incidents), as compared to total users. This might give people on the forum a chance to see what the total complaints/problems are compared to total users. "

I don't think I can do that, sorry.

[Joseph W. Bourke] "I am subscribed, and I have a crash with After Effects, which requires me to re-install, but I'm offline, because my web connection is down. Does the installer for the software live on my local computer so that I can recover without waiting for my web access to come back, and would I have to totally re-download the software to re-install?"

No, you must be online to download applications.

Hope that helps.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 10, 2013 at 12:15:20 am

Thanks Kevin - I just thought that some sort of positive statistic showing user complaints as a percentage of overall users might be helpful.

As far as not being able to reinstall software without downloading it again after there's a problem - that's pretty shortsighted on Adobe's part. I own CS6 Master Collection, so it's not a problem with me right now - but it will most certainly weigh on my choice of the Cloud or not.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 10, 2013 at 12:17:38 am

[Kevin Monahan] "We have a debate forum and no regular forum for Creative Cloud? Too bad. I'd like to request one."

We've had one all along, called Adobe Anywhere, but that clearly needed to be renamed. :-) Look for it to go live under its new name any second here.

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on May 10, 2013 at 12:22:19 am

[Tim Wilson] "We've had one all along, called Adobe Anywhere, but that clearly needed to be renamed. :-) Look for it to go live under its new name any second here."

Thanks Tim. Adobe Anywhere forum might be needed later, as only large enterprises have access to it this technology right now.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 10, 2013 at 1:36:08 am

[Kevin Monahan] "Thanks Tim. Adobe Anywhere forum might be needed later"

We're here to anticipate every need. :-)

tw

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 10, 2013 at 1:45:51 am

You mean you're going to skate to where the puck is before the game's even started? Whew...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 10, 2013 at 2:10:13 am

[Joseph W. Bourke] "You mean you're going to skate to where the puck is before the game's even started?"

You might call that preposterous. We call it Thursday. It's hard out there for a pimp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]