on May 9, 2013 at 3:57:54 pm

Al the challenges since 2000:

1- edit eol

2- fcp & dv

3- dotcom bust

4- 9/11

5- 2008 bubble burst

6- Adobe cc

7- all software goes subscription (hasnt happend yet but its in the cards)

Richard

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: 12 years of reinventing my business
on May 9, 2013 at 4:16:28 pm

OK, Richard -

I see we've been through some of the same things. I got bit by Edit* eol, Combustion eol, layoff due to the slow death of the broadcast industry, but I still don't believe that Adobe is trying to pull a fast one - yet. I'm in a position where I own the CS6 Master Collection outright, so my tools are my own. I'm looking at the CC subscription, but I'd much rather own the software, just like you. I've made my feelings known on the Adobe wish list site, but I don't think that raving about it is going to help the cause. I do agree with you as far as owning my own tools. Cameras, lights, and audio, I sometimes rent - software, no...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Carl Sollenberger
Re: 12 years of reinventing my business
on May 9, 2013 at 4:39:09 pm

There are other industries that rent their software... this bad idea is not new. And when the option to own the same type of software is available most people opt to switch, so they can own.
Adobe is crushing the competition... This is going to open up new possibilities for their competition.
No matter how you package it - renting being the only option is no fun. For those who want to rent - good for you, and I mean that. Having that option is awesome for those who want it! For people like me who like to own their tools... not good.
Truth is I'll have no choice for a while, but as soon as I have a choice with a different company I'm taking it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]