FORUMS: list search recent posts

Got charged again after canceling my subscription!!! WTF???

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Got charged again after canceling my subscription!!! WTF???
on Jul 25, 2013 at 3:26:00 am

Unbelievable!!! I got the confirmation email on 06/30 that my Creative Cloud account has been changed to a free membership.

Today, I got an email saying that my payment of $49.99 was received for another year of CC!!!

Chatting with support for an hour (they take about 10 minutes to answer a single sentence, no kidding) they're saying that my account wasn't cancelled and I'll be contacted by someone via email upon reviewing my case.

I'm soooooo disputing this with my credit card company.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Got charged again after canceling my subscription!!! WTF???
on Jul 25, 2013 at 5:37:51 pm

This is just like any other issue with subscription services. This happened to me with Time Warner, and with LA Fitness. You cancel, and either a glitch occurs that cancels the cancellation, or some worker didn't fully cancel the service but filling out the cancel form properly, or something.

$50 for a year? I'd be tempted to pay for that. Except that I don't like renting my tools.

(Funny, it was just 8 years ago that Avid's were so expensive, that production companies only rented them...so I'm quite used to that. BUT, I'm also used to then, when the machines are gone, we needed to make a change, or visit a cut, and OH! the Avid's are gone! Need to rent it for another month, or go to a place to rent it for a day. Pain in the patoot.)

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Jul 25, 2013 at 5:42:24 pm

[Shane Ross] "$50 for a year? I'd be tempted to pay for that. Except that I don't like renting my tools. "

oh semantics, they're so important : )

I know glitches can happen, and gyms are the worst, but, Adobe service scares the hell out of me, it's like talking to a wall honestly.

Word of advice, screen capture everything you do regarding Adobe's billing.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:55:40 pm

Hi Gustavo,
Sorry you experienced troubles with support. If you ever have trouble again, you can contact me kmonahan AT adobe DT com and I'll see what I can do to escalate your issue.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:20:54 pm

[Shane Ross] "OH! the Avid's are gone! "

What I do miss about that is that it made it a little harder for our betters to pee on deadlines. It made hard outs just that much harder. By this time next year I expect to have to pull over to the side of the road and use my phone to slide a transition 3 frames to the left, and then pull over a block later to slide it 3 frames to the right.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Jul 28, 2013 at 12:33:40 am

Well, at least you are not alone in your troubles ;-)

I have read many interesting tales in regards to CC subscriptions on the net.

Heather Watkins:

"To ALL Prospective Consumers:

DO NOT BUY ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD! Don't even use the "free 30-day trial". It's a complete scam! I only warn everyone about this from personal experience.
I signed up for the 12 month subscription and read ALL the fine print stating that I could try the Creative Cloud service and if I wasn't satisfied within 30 days I could cancel without any penalty...meaning that I would not be charged for the 30 days of trial service NOR a cancellation penalty. As a student, we are told we need a lot of programs, but I tried the two programs I was interested in (Photoshop and Lightroom) and determined that I could do everything I needed in Lightroom. After testing it out I decided I was just going to purchase Lightroom outright since only a few months of the Creative Cloud would be more expensive than just buying the program I needed. Once I made up my mind, I stopped using the Creative Cloud altogether, just so there wouldn't be an issue once I cancelled.

I tried to cancel via the "help chat" (which was the only option readily accessible on the site when searching how to cancel an account) on Saturday July 13th and was told by "Jayaprakash" that "applications were currently down" and that I needed to "contact back within 24 hours". I told "Jayaprakash" that I needed to cancel my account by July 15th and was concerned that I was going to get the run around until the 30 days was up. "Jayaprakash" assured me that was not going to happen and that I just needed to "contact back within 24 hours"...and that was the ONLY response I got for 7 times in succession before I finally got so fed up I just decided to try to contact back later.
Since chat was obviously no help, on July 14th I researched other ways to contact Adobe and got a toll-free sales number...that ended up only being available Monday–Friday from 5am–7pm (Pacific Time). The fact that they reference their time in US Pacific time is important because later I was told the time in India was the only time that mattered...but that is later. When I went to do the "help chat" function, the selection said that someone was available to chat, but after sitting in front of my computer for 2.5 hours waiting for someone to respond, I could not waste anymore time or frustration and decided I just had to wait until Monday.

On July 15th at around noon I attempted to talk to someone using the "help chat" function again to check on my request. I told the customer service representative, "Noorudheen" that I had spoken to "Jayaprakash" on the 13th and was attempting to cancel my account, but was told there was an error on Adobe's end and that I would have to contact back later. "Noorhudheen" informed me that I couldn't cancel now because it was in "processing" status. I said that was unacceptable and I was told that it would be "escalated to the next level" and that "they will get back to you via email within 2-3 business days". I again said I needed to get it taken care of ASAP and that I had attempted to cancel the service for the past 3 days. "Noorhudheen", after keeping me waiting for over 15 minutes, said that I would get an email confirmation within 15 minutes saying the service had been cancelled and refunded. After asking if I could get a phone number to speak with someone, just in case I was being jerked around again, she linked me the number to Adobe Africa... Total time spent on this chat...1 hour and 15 minutes, with no resolution.

Obviously I had hoped I would get an email within the 15 minutes that was promised by "Noorhudheen", but of course, that was a lie too. So I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait the 2 business days.

On July 17th, I called Adobe's sales number and had to leave my number to get a call back. Half an hour later I talked to someone whose name I can't even pronounce and she was extremely rude. She told me that I tried to cancel after the 30 day trial, which I assured her I had tried to cancel before, but she said since I didn't call that it didn't matter. Despite the fact that I had actually printed out my chat logs since she claimed those never happened either, she told me that I would be charged an additional $120 plus taxes to cancel my account. I was shocked. I had PROOF that I had tried to cancel my account. I had experienced terrible customer service up until that point, and then this person was calling me a liar and even told me that she was doing me a FAVOR by calling me back at all. After arguing with her and asking her to get me someone else (which she refused) she then claimed that she had found one of my chats (the one on July 15th) and said that it was actually on the 16th. I told her that wasn't true and that I had a transcript of it to which she replied that it was the 16th in her time zone and that was all that mattered... WHAT?!? Yes, that's right, if you want an Adobe customer support agent, you better know what the time it is in India. After more hostile treatment and tears on my end she finally agreed that if I scanned her the copies of the chats she would "see what she could do". I immediately send her the email while I was on the phone with her and asked her to confirm that she received the transcripts. After another 30 minutes of waiting she told me "not to worry about it" and I was assured that the situation would be resolved in a few days and to expect an email.

After such a horrendous experience, you'd think they would at least fix the situation THEY caused...not the case. It's almost July 23rd and I've still received NO information that my account has been cancelled and I've been refunded. I have tried to contact "help chat" multiple times only to be put in the permanent wait queue. I have no choice but to dispute the charge, cancel my credit card, file complaints with the BBB and do my duty to warn all of you out there to NOT do business with Adobe...at least not their Creative Cloud service! "

And another one:

Bous Stephanoumenous:

"Hi, I just wanted to echo the experiences of Molnár AD and Heather Watkins. My experience with Adobe Creative Cloud was horrible. I've spoken with two customer service representations, the first when I purchased creative cloud and the second because customers must chat with someone, as Heather pointed out, if they want to cancel. Either out of ignorance or deceit, both were misleading and gave incorrect or unclear information. As a result, I've been left with a $120 bill. It seems to me that they set up this creative cloud subscription service simply to cheat people. Be careful."

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 28, 2013 at 3:40:28 am

The top one is a total falsehood, meant to scare people. The 30 day trial comes without needing to give any credit card information, so there's nothing to cancel, nothing will be automatically charged. It just stops working.

Based on that, all the rest of the examples given are highly suspect.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]