FORUMS: list search recent posts

vegas has intergrated hit film

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
vegas has intergrated hit film
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:02:50 pm

now you can open a vegas project in hit film and it will automatically update in vegas. hit film might not be there yet but its a start.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: vegas has intergrated hit film
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:39:56 pm

Yes - Hit Film shows promise, but it's not even remotely close to being there. It doesn't play well with PSD files, has no architecture for AE plugins, and a whole number of other deal killers.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:47:56 pm

yes this opens opportunities for pluginn developers.

ricardo

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:08:05 pm

[Ricardo Marty] "yes this opens opportunities for pluginn developers."

Not exactly,

One of Hitfilm's biggest marketing points is that you don't need plug-ins. Their philosophy is to develop an application that mostly does what artists want in a VFX/motion graphics package, if you need more than that, Hitfilm is not for you.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:10:44 pm

well things can change with its association with sony. or maybe they will develope their own.

ricardo

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:28:32 pm

The more I read about Sony's Vegas Suite, the more I like it. Hitfilm is beginning to look like a very viable alternative to AE for my current work flow. And this Suite also contains up to date disc authoring software which is very important for the work I do.

If Adobe hasn't cleaned up its act by the time I'm ready to update my NLE this fall, Sony's Vegas Suite is likely the way I'll go.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 20, 2013 at 5:39:56 am

[David Smith] "If Adobe hasn't cleaned up its act by the time I'm ready to update my NLE this fall, Sony's Vegas Suite is likely the way I'll go."

In all honesty, I cant imagine being able to migrate anytime soon, and I certainly don't want to. I love Adobe products overall.

But I have to agree. Adobe gets serious about it's long time customers or one way or another, sooner or later, I'm walking...

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Jul 20, 2013 at 2:32:25 pm

[Chris Pettit] "Adobe gets serious about it's long time customers or one way or another, sooner or later, I'm walking...
"

I find this whole phenomenon fascinating. Tens of thousands of satisfied Adobe customers (myself included) now looking for alternatives if the company doesn't change they way it delivers and charges for their product.

Adobe, having once unified the creative software market is now defacto acting to fragment it. Regardless of whether this strategy succeeds or fails, I imagine that this will be a case study in future marketing courses.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jul 21, 2013 at 1:31:16 am

[Ridley Walker] "Adobe, having once unified the creative software market is now defacto acting to fragment it. Regardless of whether this strategy succeeds or fails, I imagine that this will be a case study in future marketing courses."

Agreed. And especially ironic given the fact that with this release, Adobe was perfectly lined up to become the natural successor to FCP Legacy in post, and cement its position as the de-facto standard across the entire spectrum of digital content creation. Instead, they're now on a path that could easily turn them into the next Quark. A rare opportunity completely blown.

It'll be interesting to see where this all lands in the next couple years.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jul 23, 2013 at 4:31:22 pm

Funny I just cutting a cool promo in Premiere CC but ended up going back to Vegas because it's still the only NLE that allows you to cut picture and sound design/mix faster than Pro Tools. That said, if you've never used Vegas and you're coming from a traditional source/record/bins NLE like FCP or Premiere you may find the interface and tools a bit odd. It's actually more like FCPX than any other NLE. You get the magnetic timeline AND tracks lol.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]